Proclinical is currently recruiting for a (Senior) Scientist in Oligonucleotide Chemistry to join a newly founded Biotech in Boston, MA. The candidate will perform synthesis and purification of modified oligonucleotides (ASO, siRNA) for our drug discovery programs. Successful candidates will have significant experience with solid phase chemical synthesis (oligonucleotide or peptide), conjugation, HPLC purification, and LC-MS analysis, preferably with oligonucleotides.
- Automated synthesis, cleavage, deprotection, purification, analysis and packaging of oligonucleotides, including heavily modified oligonucleotides.
- Monitoring, troubleshooting, maintenance, repair equipment or engage repair services of the oligonucleotide synthesizer, HPLC machines and benchtop equipment to ensure consistent and reliable oligonucleotide production.
- Critical evaluation and optimization of the processes to improve synthesis yield, purity and timelines for production of modified oligonucleotides
- Manage ordering and organization of chemicals and supplies necessary for oligonucleotide synthesis
- Curate and maintain the inventory of synthesized oligonucleotides
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD in Chemistry, Chemical/Process Engineering or Biochemistry
- 2-5 years' experience in an industry setting, self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong problem-solving skills for developing creative, innovative solutions, and meeting project objectives.
- Extensive experience in driving and supporting external teams at CRO's.
- Proven track record of scientific contributions to projects, including co-inventorship on patents.
- (Co)-authorship on publications and presentations is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Scientific creativity, independent thought and decision-making ability.
- Outstanding written, verbal and presentations skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Max Robinson at 857-362-9542 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.