Proclinical is seeking an Associate Director, Scientific Publications for a leading pharmaceutical company located in the US. This position will be responsible for publication strategy development and execution, including the development of impactful, science-driven communication platforms, high-quality scientific/clinical abstracts, posters, presentations, and manuscripts.
Must be eligible to work or be a citizen in the US.
- Development publication initiatives (abstracts, posters, manuscripts, and presentations)
- Work with internal strategy teams, program leads, and external PIs/KOLs to develop high-quality, high-impact publications
- Maintain advanced therapeutic area and product expertise through proactive review and analysis of available and emerging scientific/clinical evidence to produce publications that are scientifically accurate, relevant, and timely
- Provide support at key scientific congresses and meetings (including writing of session coverage reports, hanging posters, assisting with slide reviews with presenters), as needed
- Assist in fact-checking documents against source data
- Contribute to Publication Teams to develop and/or refresh therapeutic-area specific publication strategies, including scientific communication platforms, data generation plans, and publication plans
- Develop and execute the publication plan to appropriately disseminate abstracts, posters, manuscripts, oral presentations, and other publications to inform external audiences
- Contribute to and/or lead Publication Steering Committee Meetings and publication strategy/brainstorming discussions, including proposing publication ideas
- Ensure alignment of the publications plan with all corporate policies and industry guidelines (ICMJE, GPP 2022)
- Manage all administrative/operational requirements of the publications plan, including chairing cross-functional Publication Team meetings and Publications Steering Committee meetings and managing the publications budget and vendors
- Develop and/or or provide guidance to vendors for the development of timelines for publications
- Lead and manage the execution of publication plans across the product portfolio
- Coordinate the review, approval, and other applicable activities related to the development of scientific publication projects
Skills and Requirements:
- Work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams and external experts in a dynamic environment
- Effectively adapt to changing business needs, conditions, and responsibilities
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects in the face of ambiguity and achieve results on time
- Excellent data analysis, synthesis, medical writing, and editorial skills
- Proven ability to write, edit, and prepare scientific publications (abstracts, posters, presentations, and manuscripts)
- Demonstrated ability to write effectively for and communicate with diverse audiences, including scientists, physicians, patients, and others
- Solid understanding of the US healthcare environment, clinical trial/drug development, FDA regulations and other relevant guidelines
- Strong proficiency with Endnote (or equivalent), MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, scientific search engines (PubMed, Google Scholar), and online journal/conference submission systems
- Familiarity with electronic document management systems (e.g., Box, SharePoint) and publication tracking databases (e.g., Pubs hub, Datavision)
- Occasional travel for conferences and meetings (~10%)
- Advanced scientific degree (e.g., M.S., Ph.D., PharmD)
- 6+ years of related work experience in the pharmaceutical industry in medical affairs, publications, and/or medical communications
- Knowledge of GPP 2022 and ICMJE industry guidelines (CMPP certification desired)
- Experience in publication planning
- Previous experience in endocrinology or oncology
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Patrick Mooney at (+1) 619-963-2702 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.