Cytel provides unrivaled biostatistics and operations research knowledge to our customers in the life sciences industries in the form of both software and services. At Cytel, we work hard to create successful careers with significant professional growth for our employees, as a result of which they work hard to make Cytel successful. Cytel is a place where talent, experience and integrity come together to advance the state of clinical development.
Cytel's Flexible Solutions Program (FSP) offers statistical programmers, biostatisticians and clinical data specialists amazing opportunities to work on client projects supporting clinical trial design and analysis.
The Data Scientist/SeniorBiostatistician
within FSP will provide statistical and development supportand influence for the associated client's trials providing expertise into processes, clinical development plans, concept sheets and protocols as well as potentially providing oversight of work supported by other vendors. You will u nderstand complex and critical business problems from a client's country/regional/global business functions, formulate integrated analytical approach to mine data sources, employ statistical methods, machine learning & deep learning algorithms to discover actionable insights and automate process for reducing effort and time for repeated use. High agility to be able to work across various business domains and divisions.Able to use business presentations, impactful visualization of ML results and contextual storytelling to translate findings back to business users with a clear impact. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Customer Segmentation & Targeting, Event Prediction, Propensity Modelling, Churn Modelling, Customer Lifetime Value Estimation, Forecasting, Recommender Systems, Marketing Mix Optimization, Price Optimization
- Be involved in technology research, capability building across newer technologies and tools in Machine Learning ecosystem at scale.
- Design, run and analyze A/B and multivariate hypothesis tests aimed at optimizing customer and patient experience. Also, pick up new skills and technologies necessary on the job. Articulate solutions/recommendations to business users. Works with senior data science team member to present analytical content concisely and effectively
- Develop automation for repeatedly refreshing analysis and generating insights Collaborate with globally dispersed internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams to solve critical business problems and deliver successfully on high visibility strategic initiatives
- Understand life science data sources including sales, contracting, promotions, social media, patient claims and real-world evidence.
- Project manage own tasks and works with allied team members; plans proactively, anticipates and actively manages change, sets stakeholder expectations as required Independently identifies research articles and reproduce/apply methodology to business problems
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative and flexibility through effective and innovative leadership. Attention to detail and quality focused, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, innovative, and collaborative behaviors & strong “can-do” orientation
- PhD in statistics or Master's degree in statistics or related subject required along with clinical trialexperience
- Relevent experience in statistical or biostatistical analysis supporting clinical trial operations for the pharma/biotech industry preferred
- Understanding of the application of biostatistics to medical/clinical trials data
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to organize multiple work assignments and establish priorities
- Working SAS & CDISC knowledge required
- R/R Shiny/Python experience required
Cytel Inc. is an Equal Employment / Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Cytel does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact Cytel’s human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to Cytel. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and Cytel. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of Cytel. Cytel shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies.