Compass Life Sciences are delighted to be working in partnership with a leading CRO based in central London. Our client is a unique clinical research organisation who specialise in respiratory and infectious diseases carrying out early phase clinical trials. The Development Scientist will play a key role in scientific functions for the business.
Main responsibilities are:
- Provide scientific expertise and delivery in the development and validation of assays to enhance business potential;
- Lead, design, plan and execute lab-based functions to the needs of the research requirement.
- Responsible for delivery of internal and client contracted research projects;
- Prepare and review study protocols, data and final reports;
- Report analysed data to clients and divisions as required, provide regular updates on progress to management;
- Establish budgets and determine resource needs for experimental work;
- Train and mentor the junior staff;
- Liaise with the Quality Assurance department to ensure timely auditing of study documents, study results and routine system procedures;
- Ensure all work complies with Good Clinical Practice and Good Clinical Practice for Laboratories, all relevant Standard Operating - Procedures (SOPs) and company standards and guidance;
- Write and review publications to exhibit research in appropriate peer reviewed journals;
- Management and review SOPs regularly to ensure scientific robustness and/or change in regulatory guidelines;
- Provide assistance in the maintenance of the laboratories, ensure all procedures comply with the Health & Safety regulations;
- Attend conferences, client meetings and lectures as appropriate.
Skills & Experience
- PhD in a relevant scientific discipline.
- Significant industry experience is preferred, as well as operational management.
- Working knowledge in the fields of molecular biology, virology and immunology.
- Experience implementing and delivering research protocols while working closely with research teams.
- Assay development and validation experience.
If you are interested, please either apply directly, or contact Ines Oliveira on (+44)02394211148 or email@example.com
Compass Life Sciences offer a highly competitive referral scheme, where you can earn up to £500 in John Lewis or Amazon vouchers by sharing the name of a prospective candidate who goes on to secure a position as a result of your referral. If you do not think this is the right role for you, but you know someone who would be interested in learning more about it, please contact us directly to share further details, confidentially.