Who we are
We’re a global, midsize CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents because the path to a cure for the world’s most persistent diseases is not paved by those who play it safe. It is built by those who take pioneering, creative approaches and implement them with quality and excellence.
We are Worldwide Clinical Trials, and we are a global team of over 3,000 experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs - in the best possible way.
Our mission is to work with passion and purpose every day to improve lives and we are looking for others who value this same pursuit. SUMMARY:
The individual in this role will design and deliver innovative BI solutions for the Global Clinical Development organization. The ideal candidate should be able to quickly grasp business subject matter, work with the associated business data within source systems and analytical software platforms, and aid business managers in finding clear approaches to analyze their business data in a consultative environment. They will be responsible for full analytics and report delivery cycles; including requirements analysis, data profiling, analytics and report design, data design, development, and delivery.RESPONSIBILITIES:
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with internal teams and stakeholders to identify and define value-add analytics in support of Global Clinical Development activities, while applying best practices in data visualization and manipulation
- Gather and prepare data to support analytics from a variety of data sources including internal systems (e.g. CTMS & eTMF), databases, Excel spreadsheets and flat files, as well as, external sources as necessary
- Consult with internal stakeholders to develop analyses that lead to actionable insights that accelerate profitable growth
- Consume and integrate data from multiple sources to create integrated views, track metrics, develop KPI dashboards and build reports that can be used to drive decision making
- Actively participate in the identification, evaluation and selection of business analysis tools and software
- Produce supporting documentation to aid in the use of published analytics, as needed
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive. OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Understanding of Business Intelligence patterns (standard data modelling approaches, OLAP platforms, approaches to data presentation and consumption)
- Expert-level proficiency with analytics development using common BI tools (e.g. Power BI, SSRS, Tableau, QlikView, Excel/PowerPivot, etc.)
- Comfort in leading an analytics effort independently or working as part of a project team
- Outstanding communication skills (both in presentation and comprehension) along with the aptitude for thought leadership in analytics
- Demonstrated passion for analytics/BI and the ability to communicate its value as a strategic business advantage
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and analytics techniques
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- 5+ years of experience developing business analytics preferred
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Information Technology, Mathematics or Statistics
Promotion to the next level is not automatic based on years of experience. Personnel are evaluated on proven competency, level of responsibility, and ability to work independently. Why Worldwide
At Worldwide, we balance fun with the serious business of changing lives. We have a values-driven culture that is built from the ground up. We empower our team members to treat every clinical trial like a patient’s life depends on it - because it does.Our leaders are in the trenches with you - committed to advancing science and moving mountains for our customers.
Interested in hearing more about Worldwide or our roles? Check out our careers page at www.worldwide.com/careers !