Engagement Principal - Insights, Evidence and Value Location:
Remote UK & EU
At ICON, it’s our people that set us apart. Our diverse teams enable us to become a better partner to our customers and help us to fulfil our mission to advance and improve patients’ lives.
Our ‘Own It’ culture is driven by four key values that bring us together as individuals and set us apart as an organization: Accountability & Delivery, Collaboration, Partnership, and Integrity. We want to be the Clinical Research Organization that delivers excellence to our clients and to patients at every touchpoint. In short, to be the partner of choice in drug development.
That’s our vision. We’re driven by it. And we need talented people who share it. If you’re as driven as we are, join us. You’ll be working in a dynamic and supportive environment, with some of the brightest and the friendliest people in the sector, and you’ll be helping shape an industry. Position Overview
This role is accountable for generating new and repeat business for ICON, through business development activities and effective account management. This will be achieved by promoting ICON’s Insights, Evidence and Value (I,E&V) services to the Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Industries, including Market Access, Health Economics and Outcomes Research, Patient Centred Outcomes and Epidemiology, so contributing to ICON’s annual sales goals and objectives. Given the nature of I,E&V divisions the successful candidate will be expected to be the face of ICON to key accounts and to coordinate activities across the various internal functions to effectively manage client interactions and business development cycle from proposal to delivery
This is anticipated to include:
- Be the face of I,E&V ensuring client’s needs are anticipated, understood and met
- Promote I,E&V services to key pharmaceutical and biotechnology accounts, resulting in increased revenues
- Nurture and sustain existing client relationships and target potential new clients, to achieve introductory meetings, build relationships and deliver new business
- Develop and maintain a plan for the expansion of business in priority accounts
- Be proactive in understanding client needs and recommend fit for purpose solutions
- Maintain strong relationships with technical delivery teams
- Partner with I,E&V technical leads to generate compelling proposals for clients
- Ensure client satisfaction is maintained from proposal through to delivery
- Lead on the planning and attendance at relevant industry meetings (e.g., conferences)
- Partner with divisional leaders within I,E&V to support overall strategic planning and pipeline growth
- Partner with wider ICON teams on cross-functional business development activities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A minimum of 5-7 years business development experience with a focus on professional/consulting services either in life-sciences or public health research sectors
- Experience or academic background in health economics, epidemiology, outcomes research, market access, or heath-technology assessment (highly preferred)
- Excellent writing and presentation skills including extensive experience in creating slide decks and responses to RFIs and RFPs
- Bachelor’s degree and strong undergraduate academic accomplishment (advanced degree preferred)
- Analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent presentation and communications skills in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Salesforce (optional)
- Ability to work independently and as part of global cross-functional team environment
- Ability and willingness to travel, primarily within Europe (up to 25% of time)
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the quality of our people. That’s why we’ve made it a priority to build a culture that rewards high performance and nurtures talent.
We offer very competitive salary packages. And to keep them competitive, we regularly benchmark them against our competitors. Our annual bonuses reflect delivery of performance goals - both ours and yours.
We also provide a range of health-related benefits to employees and their families and offer competitive retirement plans - and related benefits such as life assurance - so you can save and plan with confidence for the years ahead.
But beyond the competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, you’ll benefit from an environment where you are encouraged to fulfil your sense of purpose and drive lasting change.
ICON is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.