Job Title: Global Supply Chain Specialist Location: Leopardstown, Dublin 18
ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
At ICON, we have an incredible opportunity for an expert Global Supply Chain Specialist
to join the team in our Leopardstown, Dublin 18 location. The Role:
The Global Supply Chain Specialist is responsible for ensuring that all kits and miscellaneous supply orders are correct and delivered to investigator sites on time. Further the role will be responsible for the set-up and implementation of protocol specific logistics. They will monitor outbound and inbound shipments globally, following up on delays and other issues relevant to shipping activities in order to ensure client requirements are met. They will also carry out specific tasks relevant to the role as assigned by management.
To be successful in the role, you will ideally have:
- Liaise with stakeholders on issues involving kit supply.
- Review departmental operating issues with departmental leaders.
- Improve the department’s operational performance by introducing new ideas and concepts.
- Complying with departmental SOPs and making updates as required to meet operational and regulatory requirements.
- To assist in the preparation of relevant documented instructions to ensure investigators fully comprehend the laboratory requirements of the protocol.
- Contact couriers for required collection information based on protocol site lists. Select couriers and provide collection information to Project Management in timely manner.
- Document and research any issues with inbound deliveries or courier invoices/documentation. Direct issues to relevant couriers or other contacts as required for clarification of the issue.
- Create Proforma / Commercial invoices based on the commodities of a particular shipment, as well as any country or client specifications. Liaise with client’s CRO or Importer regarding shipment notification or assisting their invoice requirements for an Import Permit.
- To prepare and ship supplies to sites or other destinations as required.
- Collects and maintains inbound and outbound courier performance metrics.
- Obtains pricing quotes from carriers on shipments and seeks cost effective methods.
- Attends inter-departmental and CLW risk assessment meetings to provide subject matter expert guidance to Project Managers on import and export regulations related to Kits and Specimen shipments.
- Works with quality assurance teams to investigate and process any quality issues, supporting the implementation of corrective and preventive actions. Supports QA team during sponsor audits providing relevant information to auditors for any Kit supply and Logistics related enquiries
- Auditing of vendor invoices to confirm accuracy in accordance with pricing agreements. Working with ICON finance team to process payments and ensure timely payments to vendors.
- Collaborates with ICON Procurement team to provide operational oversight to contract and pricing negotiations.
- Act as ICON liaison for kit supply services, supporting vendor with all requirements*
- To order supplies as required in the section or specific study
- To contact Couriers, Consignors, or CROs as required.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
- College degree covering relevant field
- 3-5 years’ experience in production or logistics environment.
- Knowledge of IATA, DOT, OSHA and international shipping regulations / customs.
- Advanced working knowledge of computers, accuracy and attentiveness to detail is essential.
- Experience in Logistics or Logistics qualification preferred.
- The ability to make informed decisions in an emergency event
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture - one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career - both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.