At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture.
The position is initially 80% with an option to increase to full time as necessary.
Tasks & responsibilities
As Senior Category Manager you additionally have the following tasks:
- In your new role, you will contribute to the success of our Global Sourcing Clinical Development team by applying your strategical strength, persuasiveness and assertiveness. The job offers the ability to take the Sourcing lead for a global CRO and Animal Health Clinical Services category.
- You take ownership of the global category which is steered in a highly centralized manner by constantly challenging the status-quo. Identifying enhancements and convincing the upper management to follow new ways of working, will be part of your responsibility.
- You act as the global supplier manager for our core providers and ensure by the application of a stringent governance set up so that best practices and compliance with the industry norms are achieved.
- One of your core objectives in the role is to intensify existing relationships with our external strategic partners. Beyond that you will closely monitor the market and identify players which fit best to our needs.
- By striving to make innovation happen, you will keep a close eye on the supply markets. Key activities are to search and find new partners, service providers and solutions for your category. You assess & mitigate risks and develop new opportunities.
- You independently manage high volume demands and ensure delivery of successful negotiation. The resulting contracts meet our business needs are managed in close alignment with our internal business partners.
- You will lead cross-functional teams that implement innovative ways of working which will bring BI to the next level on various dimensions such as speed, cost & value generation, new technologies, optimization of buying channels, etc.
- You contribute with your advanced knowledge and strong ideas to cross-category projects and lead them to success.
- In such cross-category topics you serve as the focal point for Sourcing matters.
Additional requirements as Senior Category Manager:
- Master’s degree in business administration preferred or equivalent professional training such as Bachelor’s degree with several years of experience in procuring services/goods for a pharmaceutical company, ideally in global category management
- Sound knowledge of applicable market intelligence and sourcing experience in the respective category area of clinical development are of advantage
- Understanding of demand management, market and supplier analysis, compliance management, due diligence, risk management, innovation, supplier management, contract management, negotiation techniques and other established sourcing methodologies
- Team player with intercultural awareness and strong communication skills in English. Knowledge of the German language is a plus
- An open-minded, motivated, persuasive, and perseverant personality with outstanding internal and external relationship management skills in combination with the willingness to take on further responsibilities
- You have extended experience in managing international projects with proven track record of substantial accomplishments
- You are experienced in leading cross-functional teams that consist of internal and external partners
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
- Master’s degree in business administration with several years of experience in procuring services/goods for a pharmaceutical company, ideally in global category management
- Long years track record in working in Sourcing combined with knowledge of complex category strategies and stakeholder management
This is where you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.
We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth. We also offer a competitive salary, generous amount of vacation time, and numerous benefits towards your wellness & financial health and work-life balance. Plus, an onsite gym (Ingelheim), in-house doctor and best-in-class cafeterias and coffee bars to keep you energized and healthy. To learn more about what benefits could be waiting for you, please visit our Career area.
Want to learn more about us? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com/
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
READY TO CONTACT US?
Please contact our Recruiting EMEA Team, Tel: +49 (0) 6132 77-173173
Not exactly the position you are looking for but have someone else in mind? Share it via the button on the bottom of the page with friends or colleagues who might be interested.