Our client is a very successful medical communications agency, which due to ongoing growth, requires a highly talented Scientific Editor to join their team in their Oxford offices, along with the flexibility of homeworking.
You will have full responsibility for the editing and production stages of assigned projects, with plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of digital and print projects.
Our client offers long-term career opportunities, with the potential for rapid progression, tailored training and development, and the chance to make a difference in a rewarding environment.
In addition to an excellent salary, you can expect a raft of benefits including bonus, pension, healthcare, 25 days holidays and more. This is an excellent opportunity to take the next step in your career with a company that is committed to your development.To be considered for this role, you will have previous medical communications agency editing experience, be resident in, and be fully eligible to work in the UK.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Take responsibility for all editorial/production stages of assigned projects marking up using Word, Adobe and PPT.
- Edit and proof a wide range of projects (e.g. abstracts, posters, manuscripts, systematic reviews, slide decks, e-learning modules, meeting materials, newsletters, monographs and global value dossiers, policy reports, HTAs, CME, web and app content, and patient materials) to consistently high standards.
- Promote adherence to house style, the ABPI code and copyright law
- Brief and then liaise effectively with designers, typesetters, illustrators, programmers, printers etc. to ensure that projects are produced on brief, on time and to the agreed budget
- A life science degree
- Exceptional medical editing and proofreading skills, honed in a medical communications agency environment.
- Creative with an eye for design and layout
This is a great chance to shape your career in an expanding, award-winning company with strong, long-standing client relationships and an excellent reputation in the industry. They are seeking candidates who can contribute to and share in the success of a company which rewards initiative and commitment.
If you would like to discuss this position further, please contact Jon Gawley on 01932 797996. If this job description doesn't tick all of the boxes, I would welcome a call to discuss your requirements in confidence and pleased to offer career advice and counsel.
Our consultants are knowledgeable and professional and will be happy to offer information and advice. We are with you every step of the way, providing a supportive and communicative service that we will tailor to your unique needs.