We are recruiting for our global Medical Team and are keen to speak with physicians with a specialism in Neuroscience
. The group plays a pivotal role in the drug development process through strategic consulting, medical monitoring and clinical trial development.
The leader will bring a track record of success in previous roles and be able to demonstrate strong leadership, therapeutic and business acumen. The Vice President
contributes to global strategy and business plans in line with Group vision and commercial aims as well as the development of Company policies involving medical, safety and therapeutics Business development to support business growth across TAs.Key responsibilities
This role requires professional leadership and management capabilities, necessary to lead a large-scale medically led organization, together with managing across a complex global organization and delivering exceptional client performance for a pharmaceutical services-oriented CRO business. You will have a proven track record as an agent of change in challenging environments and in fostering a confident and capable workforce.
- Executive Sponsor and lead for process and continuous improvement activities across Labcorp Drug Development for Neuroscience Medical and Scientific initiatives
- Ensure MedSci project portfolio delivery and oversight of Quality & Compliance framework and requirements across MedSci
- Identifies and executes on opportunities for integrated development across business units (eg biomarkers, biosimilars, advanced therapies, health economics, etc)
- Supports Labcorp Drug Development's visibility and position within the contract research organization and medical/scientific environment through publications, presentations and panel participation at national and international industry and Scientific meetings
- Presents medical/scientific capabilities and expertise to clients: grows high-level client-facing and Development Leader good working relationships including at Partnership Alliance Level on Operating and Executive governance committees
- Works with Marketing and Business Development to help identify client and business opportunities and technical positioning and differentiation of new services and capabilities
- Leads the development of KOL/investigator networks
- Develops a robust consultant network to extend therapeutics capabilities
- Spearheads development and upgrade of Medical and Scientific Disease Area Strategy across TAs
- Ensures consistent high quality contributions to proposals/bid defenses and proactive client interaction from TAs activities and In-licensing/acquisition opportunities
- Develops an industry-leading medical staff - able to attract high-caliber talent and to build high performance teams
- Provides mentoring to and assists with supervision of Executive Medical Director / SP (Section Head), Senior Medical Director, Medical Director, Associate Medical Directors, Assistant Medical Directors and others
- Involved in providing budget preparation and oversight activities
- Provides leadership for staff within the therapeutic area
- Provides vision and sets strategy/direction for therapeutic area
- Ensure staff are able to meet safety monitoring needs of clients
- May serve as project physician on select client opportunities (up to 20% maximum)
- MD degree with residency training (or equivalent specialization) with substantial knowledge of drug development and extensive global clinical research project leadership and management experience within the pharmaceutical industry
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
- 10 or more years in global drug development (pharmaceutical, biotech or CRO); typically >15 years
- 3 or more years in clinical / academic practice preferred
- Recognized as a clinical research leader within/across their therapeutics areas
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, focus and problem solving ability
- Substantial leadership and management experience at organizational, cross-functional and project portfolio management levels and deep knowledge of integrated global drug development
- Extensive experience in the neuroscience field is required
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .