ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organizations.
With our patients at the center of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.The Role
ICON is seeking to hire a Senior / Principal SOC Analyst to join their Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC) team.
The team are proud winners of a recent CSO50 award for the Integration project. The CSO50 Awards recognize 50 security projects and initiatives that demonstrate outstanding business value and thought leadership. We give all our staff SANS training every year and are fully supportive of enabling our team members to get to security conferences.
The Senior / Principal SOC Analyst plays a vital role in keeping an organization’s proprietary and sensitive information secure. He/she works inter-departmentally to identify and correct flaws in the company’s security systems, solutions, and programs while recommending specific measures that can improve the company’s overall security posture. Key Responsibilities
Reporting to the CSOC Manager, the successful Senior / Principal SOC Analyst is responsible for the following:
- Governance of IT security controls within ICON and responsible for daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual tasks outlined in the Security Operations Runbook.
- Ensure events are properly identified, analyzed, and escalated to incidents.
- Investigate cybersecurity incidents, perform technical analysis and respond accordingly.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Respond and track security incidents within ticketing systems.
- Monitor security tools for security threats.
- Ensure critical assets are on boarded into security monitoring.
- Approve/Reject security requests within ticketing system based on risk assessment and Information security policy alignment
- When required work to resolve vulnerabilities that are identified from vulnerability scans, penetration tests and other security assessments on ICON infrastructure.
- Ensure compliance with ICON Information Security policies and hardening standards.
- Ensure that defined security models are adhered to on an on-going basis.
- Ability to leverage technical skills to correlate data to streamline analysis process.
- Ability to relate technical issues to non-technical associates / business owners.
- Be familiar with Red, Blue & Purple team operations.
- Maintain a strong awareness of the current threat landscape.
- Other functions as assigned by ICON Cybersecurity Operations Manager.
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will gain experience of operating in a technically complex, fast changing and dynamic environment. Working as part of a global security team the SOC analyst must be a proven self-starter, have excellent organizational and communications skills. The ideal candidate will have a genuine passion for Cybersecurity, must have the a bility to maintain composure under pressure and work calmly during an emergency . They should also have a solid understanding in the following areas:
- SIEM and incident monitoring tools
- MITRE ATT&CK Framework
- SOAR (Security Orchestration Automation & Response)
- NIST cybersecurity framework
- Vulnerability Analysis
- Incident Response
- Information Security Standards
- Anti-Virus, Anti Malware, EDR
- System Administration
- Application layer vulnerabilities
- Knowledge of encryption Protocols
- Network Security
- Mobile Security
- Firewall Administration
- Web and Email Security
- Web Application Firewalls
- Load Balancing
Qualifications & Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in a Security Operations Center (SOC), responsible for security event analysis, incident response, and related activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in information security, computer science, or other related program.
- Information security related certification desired (e.g., GCIA, GCIH, GSOC or similar professional certification).
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the quality of our people. That’s why we’ve made it a priority to build a culture that rewards high performance and nurtures talent.
We offer very competitive salary packages. And to keep them competitive, we regularly benchmark them against our competitors. Our annual bonuses reflect delivery of performance goals - both ours and yours.
We also provide a range of health-related benefits to employees and their families and offer competitive retirement plans - and related benefits such as life assurance - so you can save and plan with confidence for the years ahead.
But beyond the competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, you’ll benefit from an environment where you are encouraged to fulfil your sense of purpose and drive lasting change.
ICON is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.