Xplore Life Science are recruiting for a freelance Senior Project Manager from an IT background with experience working in Pharmaceuticals to join a leading global biotech company.
The role is based in Zug, Switzerland and you will be expected to be on site and have valid right to work in Switzerland.NB you MUST have experience applying Waterfall / Scrum / Agile methodology (ideally within Pharmaceuticals / Biotech) and relevant Project Management Certification.
The Senior IT Project Manager is responsible for leading teams to deliver complex technology projects by utilizing project management best practices in Agile and Waterfall delivery methodologies.
This role ensures schedules, financials, scope, and performance requirements of the project are met.
It requires leadership with all areas of the IT organization, software and hardware vendors, functional business groups, as well as various management levels and senior management.
It includes management of issues, risks, and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery.
In addition, this role contributes to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery.Qualifications
- 10+ years as a project or program manager in an IT environment
- A proven history of delivering multiple small to large size technology projects
- Experience managing projects involving GxP validation/qualification of systems or relevant experience working at a biotechnology/pharmaceutical company is a plus
- Deep understanding of Waterfall and Agile methodologies and the ability to efficiently apply the appropriate method as the situation demands
- Able to recognize, acknowledge, and build upon the abilities and contributions of team members
- Budget and vendor management experience, including but not limited to, leading through RFP initiatives, negotiations, and professional service engagements
- Ability to effectively communicate complex development tasks to non-technical resources and stakeholders
- Strong written and oral presentation and communication skills
- Exceptional planning, coordination, and analytical skills
- Strong working knowledge of various software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), Microsoft Project and SmartSheet
- Thorough understanding of local compliance, as well as a sound ethical approach to business
- Bachelor’s degree in computer- or business-related discipline or equivalent job experience required
- Certified Scrum Master and / or Project Management Professional certifications is a plus