Responsible for the management, administration, and organization of local site operations for a Clinical Pharmacology unit. Responsible for the overall performance of the site(s), meeting defined metric goals and meeting the needs of Sponsors. Serves as a lead member of the of the site leadership team and provides an active voice for all sites. Position is responsible for ensuring efficient utilization of all resources, both human and physical, allocated to the group. Works to partner on improvement initiatives and works closely with other Clinic Directors and Operations Directors to ensure consistent operation practices are implemented at all sites.
- Partner with Finance group in development of site operating budget. Manage to final budget and forecast numbers for multiple sites. Ensure that all sites make adjustments throughout the year as needed to meet company goals.
- Participate in preparation of the strategic site plan and implement a plan to drive tactical implementation. Ensure that assigned site has a plan to assist employees to understand the site’s strategic direction.
- Provides supervision and leadership, including implementation of performance standards, performance appraisals, and succession planning.
- Coaches and mentors site leadership staff.
- Identify the current and desired culture of site(s) and partner with HR to modify or sustain the culture as appropriate.
- Ensure that site organizational structure and staff levels are adequate to meet flexible workload needs and meet budget expectations.
- Instill in all team members the Company’s commitment to business integrity and quality to meet the client’s requirement without error, on time, every time.
- Continually investigate and implement state of the art processes and systems to ensure the safety, welfare and dignity of volunteers
- Ensure all work is carried out in strict accordance with the relevant protocols, Standard Operating Procedures, and in compliance with Good Clinical Practices.
- Ensure that scientific and medical standards set by the Scientific and Medical Directors are met.
- Develop strategies for efficient study conduct, data collection, subject management and safety monitoring. Coordinates efforts interdepartmentally to accomplish these strategies.
- Take a leadership role in problem resolution and process improvement when customer error occurs.
- Continuously seeks out new and better ideas, share best practices and ensures benchmarking with other sites and maintaining consistency of operations.
- Participate in and support global operation decisions and ensure site compliance.
- Proactively work with Commercial departments to make sound decisions to support site strategies and financial goals. Present site capabilities to clients and other audiences.
- University/four year college degree - Bachelor of Science (BS) in medical or science or related field.
- Masters degree or MBA preferred.
- 10 years relevant experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
- 10 to 12 years of progressive and proven leadership responsibilities in a related business environment.
- Knowledge of clinical research required.
- Must be creative and resilient in application of processes and approach to work, and comfortable dealing in a complex environment.
- Successful track record in meeting commitments and driving change, using a highly collaborative approach, and emphasizing team wins versus individual achievement.
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .