Sr TMF Document Specialist (Cambridge/Boston)
Come discover what our 25,000+ employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We’re a growing and evolving biopharmaceutical industry leader, which means you’ll have endless opportunities to work with experts around the world and build the career you’ve dreamed of.
As a part of the Syneos Health team, you’ll help us deliver results for a rewarding reason - we improve patients’ lives around the world. Because to us, a patient isn’t just a number, they’re our family, friends, and neighbors.
Why Syneos Health
• #SyneosHealthLife means we’re committed to our Total Self culture - where everyone can authentically be themselves. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we know every person’s unique contributions make a difference.
• We believe our success is a direct result of the people who are driving it - you! We value your dedication to care for our customers and patients, so we want to focus on taking care of you. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits program encompassing your total health - physical, mental and financial.
• We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives - we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
• Process study documentation in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Work Instructions (WIs), GCP, ICH guidelines and study specific TMF Plans.
• Support the set-up, maintenance, and closure of TMF repositories.
• Support documentation collection activities, including:
o Document scanning and indexing for trial using an electronic TMF
o Document filing for trials using a paper TMF
• Perform quality review of documents submitted for entry into the TMF and liaise with project teams to resolve any issues identified
• Maintain compliance with departmental quality, performance and utilization targets
• Complete administrative tasks (e.g., status reports) as requested
• Maintain compliance with company requirements (e.g., time tracking, training)
• Participates in preparation/reconciliation of TMF documentation related to audits, inspections and shipments
• Participates in study specific training as required
• For Paper documents, responds promptly to each request received for a project document or project file, ensures timely and appropriate delivery to the requestor, and timely and accurate re-filing upon return. Ensures that all applicable paperwork is completed upon release and return of each project document and/or project file from the Document Control Room
• Ensures the security and compliance of all documents related to active and archived projects
• Ability to support complex/study specific systems/processes
• Supports logistics for the flexible workforce, as applicable
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Attend and support file audits and liaise with Quality Assurance (QA) to resolve audit findings as appropriate; lead facility tours if office-based where audits are conducted
• Provide oversight, training and support to more junior members of document management upon management request
• Assist with the development of work processes and systems to support document management, including contributing to SOPs and internal department guidance
• As assigned under supervisory remit, participates in and direct activities related to department staff operations such as interviewing and selection, professional development, training, performance management, and employee counseling.
• Oversees and prioritizes daily work flow for assigned team members.
• Assists with monitoring productivity and quality of assigned team members
• As assigned under supervisory remit, ensures staff utilization meets department goal, reviews and approves timecards/expenses by established deadline and reviews and ensures staff training compliance
• Controls access to the Document Control Room/Trial Master File Room according to applicable SOPs/WIs.
• Minimal travel may be required (up to 25%).
What we’re looking for
• Undergraduate degree in scientific/regulatory field or Business Management.
• Minimum of 5 years demonstrable records management experience.
• Experience in a clinical and/or medical environment required.
• Familiarity with electronic TMF system required.
• Strong knowledge of applicable regulations and guidelines with respect to regulatory documents and familiarity with medical terminology.
• Demonstrable leadership and management skills.
• Strong verbal, written and organizational skills with a team-oriented approach.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
Get to know Syneos Health
We are the only full-service biopharmaceutical solutions company in the world. That means we bring together the best clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get medicines into the hands of patients who need it most. Learn more about Syneos Health.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.
As a healthcare company we have an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. Except in those locations where state or local law impacts this vaccination requirement, this position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities unless an exemption can be confirmed based on a medical condition, sincerely-held religious belief, or other reasons recognized by applicable law. Submission and approval of an exemption request does not necessarily guarantee that an accommodation can be provided for any specific job.