If you find science, speed, and success exhilarating, you have come to the right place.
Novavax, Inc (Nasdaq:NVAX) is a biotechnology company that creates transformational vaccines that address some of the world’s most pressing infectious diseases. We have more than a decade of experience contending with some of the world’s most devastating diseases, including COVID-19, seasonal influenza, RSV, Ebola, MERS, and SARS. Hard-won lessons and significant advances illustrate that our proven technology has tremendous potential to make a substantial contribution to public health worldwide.
Our scientists are committed to developing vaccine candidates for some of the world’s toughest viral threats by utilizing the power of our innovative recombinant nanoparticle vaccine platform. Our vaccine technology combines the power and speed of genetic engineering with the immunogenicity enhancing properties of our Matrix-M™ adjuvant to efficiently produce highly immunogenic particles targeting some of the most pressing viral infectious diseases.
Novavax, Inc. is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Uppsala, Sweden and Bohumil, Czech Republic. Summary of the Position :
Associate Director, Market Access (MA) Strategy is a critical position within the Market Access team that will be develop and drive execution of brand value proposition, access strategy and tactics for payers in the US and Ex-US markets. The role requires strong cross-functional collaboration with the Medical Affairs team, Marketing, the MA national account director team and Ex-US country leads. The AD is responsible for demonstrating ongoing strategic leadership across the organization to profile an evolving payer landscape, operationalize market access initiatives, execute payer research, develop strategies to achieve overall access goals of Novavax’ vaccine candidates. Evolving/creating payer messaging that enhances the value of Novavax’ vaccine candidates across U.S. payers in all payer segments and support Ex-US Market Access development. This position will report to the VP of Global Market Access. Responsibilities include but are not limited to :
Minimum Requirements :
- Develop value proposition, have it approved for dissemination, and ensure that the Market Access Strategies are supported by strong Payer Value Propositions, articulating differentiated messages on clinical and economic benefits, and in line with patient needs
- Support the development and execution of lifecycle economic evidence and market access strategies that enable market access and commercial success
- Work collaboratively with the HEOR team to identify evidentiary requirements and potential barriers to access
- Effectively partner with Marketing, Medical Affairs, Policy & Advocacy to develop core market access deliverables and optimal market access strategy
- Identify and quantify market size, opportunity & feasibility, and design & build value story across Market Access channels for US and Ex-US markets
- Lead data driven market insights across patients, providers, and payers to inform comprehensive market access strategies, associated forecast assumptions, and aligned messaging across segments
- Manage external payer market access agency work to develop and support account materials
- Maintain thorough understanding of market dynamics and access complexities for the vaccine space and emerging pipeline
- Identify gaps in current market access understanding and develop plans to gain direct payer insights through primary research, advisory boards, etc., and work with vendors to implement projects in a timely, impactful manner
- Develop and manages associated budgets in compliance with finance and accounting requirements
- Based on business demands, lead key projects and initiatives that require significant cross functional responsibilities and guide the resolution of complex business problems through innovation and proactive stakeholder engagement
- A. or B.S. Degree required; MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- Launch experience, understanding of Market Access as well as other functions of a commercial team
- Ability to translate clinical data into economic messages and distil large amounts of data from various sources into actionable insights
- 5+ years of related experience in the pharmaceutical, medical device, or biotech industry, preferably in market access and/or marketing
- Comfort presenting complex and evolving access challenges to all internal customers, including senior management, brand partners, and appropriate field teams
- Strong attention to detail combined with a keen ability to recognize issues in the context of higher-level policies and regulations
- Strong planning and organization, analytics, decision-making and problem-solving skills; focus on delivery of results
- Strong interpersonal and peer leadership skills to influence without authority; ability to work cross-functionally in a highly dynamic environment with a high sense of urgency
- Self-starter who functions well both independently and within a team
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple priorities simultaneously, and communicate complex information clearly
- Incumbent must possess excellent written and spoken communication skills; solid business judgment and attention to detail; ability to multi-task and effectively manage routine conflicting priorities
Novavax offers a base salary, annual bonus, equity grants, professional career development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Novavax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals on an at-will basis, regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Except where prohibited by applicable state law, this position requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you need a reasonable accommodation or qualify for an exemption.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)