As a leading contract research organization (CRO), Labcorp Drug Development (formerly known as Covance) provides comprehensive drug development solutions for a range of industries. Our services cover the preclinical, clinical and post-market phases of drug development, the product life cycles for medical device and diagnostics and development services paired with regulatory support for the chemical testing and crop protection industries.
Labcorp Drug Development is a global leader in nonclinical safety assessment, clinical trial testing and clinical trial management services. Our unique perspectives are based on decades of scientific, medical and regulatory expertise.Role Details:
In this role, the "Analyst - Modeling and Forecasting
" will have a permanent
work will all be accepted.
In this position, you will build informatics models, through use of our mathematical and statistical tools, provide data analysis and associated support critical to the business in the development of evidence-based plans, strategies and forecasts for the successful implementation and conduct of global clinical trials.
In addition, you will actively support the growth of the business through Pre-award models and Post-award client interactions and provide programming support or expertise to development of new tools and enhancements to existing tools to ensure more complex future study design.Essential Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the development, analysis, interpretation and presentation of evidence-based planning for implementation to deliver clinical trials
- Obtain and assess the relevant strategic/ operational data and additional information to develop robust patient recruitment models to support business decisions and objectives
- Analyze data for quality, correctness and context
- Using the patient recruitment model generate additional forecasts
- Lead internal study team meetings specific to the Modeling and participate in Project Review meetings
- Identify improvement areas of the department's tools and processes
- Participate in the development and communication of technical plans (specs) for program development, enhancements and implementation
- Where necessary run programs or mock up outputs to support the prototyping of tools
- In conjunction with other staff, assist with the evolution and refinement of department tools by stress testing the new tools, for example, statistical forecasting and modeling tools
- As required provide QC of forecasts and supporting text for inclusion in RFP/RFIs and convert to presentation format for Bid Defense Meetings
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
- A university/college degree (preferably in Sciences, Maths or Statistics) or equivalent experience in a proven ability to learn new tasks and data analysis
- Minimum of 1 year work experience relevant to informatics modeling and/or data analysis
- At least 1 year work experience within the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Strong technical/scientific writing skills and analytical skills
- Good communication, planning & organizational skills
- Understanding and practical working knowledge of ICH-GCP Guidelines, including relevant international requirements/guidelines for the conduct of global clinical development programs
- Understanding of global drug development and the clinical trial project management process, with a special emphasis on investigator sites, patient recruitment and retention
- Excellent computer skills, including strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other data capture and compilation tools. Ability to understand and access and leverage technology alternatives
- High level knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of Modeling and associated tools
- Strong skills in scientific data manipulation, analysis, reporting and maintenance
- Ability to set-up the informatics models and model the data
- Strong data mining and analytical skills with the abilities to review/analyze relevant data so as to assist in building evidence-based clinical trial strategies
- Good English skills
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .