At Labcorp, we believe in the power of science to change lives. We are a leading global life sciences company that delivers answers for crucial health questions because we know that knowledge has the potential to make life better for all. Through our unparalleled diagnostics and drug development capabilities, we provide insights and accelerate innovations that not only empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. Here, you can join our more than 70,000 employees, serving clients in more than 100 countries, as we work together to make a real impact on people's lives. Join us in our pursuit of answers.
Advancing healthcare from the laboratory through the clinic requires many different strengths, experiences and perspectives of our exceptional people around the world. Explore our wide range of diverse opportunities and rewarding career pathways and see how you can work with an energizing purpose to discover your extraordinary potential.Global Internship Program:
Exciting opportunity to be part of the Labcorp 2023 Global Internship Program as a Statistical Programmer in Maidenhead
As a Labcorp intern, you will have the opportunity to support meaningful assignments that compliment an education in STEM+ Business and Healthcare disciplines, and are inspiring and valuable in our mission to improve health and improve lives across the globe. In addition to department work, we support your professional development and career exploration through program workshops, leadership speakers, employee resource group introductions, new hire panel discussions and small group 'coffee chats'.
Capitalize on a dedicated training and development program that will support your scientific and professional career aspirations, and take pride in delivering work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world. About the Team
Internship Assignment Summary
- We are part of the Global Clinical Delivery and involved in studies ranging from Phase II-IV and post marketing studies covering Therapeutic Areas (TA) like Oncology, Cardiovascular, Respiratory Disorders, Central Nervous System and Infectious Diseases to name a few.
- We have a strong and ever so growing team of close to 300 programmers working across the USA, Europe and Asia Pacific.
- The team is involved in end to end delivery of high quality outputs starting from annotating CRFs creating specifications documents for our SDTMs and ADaMs to programming the TFLs (Tables Figures Listings) per client specification and Submission ready documentations to the various agencies.
- The team is highly trained on different aspects of Statistical programming to enable them to tackle any situation. They also get a chance to work with different sponsors and this enables them to spread their experience across different TAs.
- Responsible for the production of data tables, figures and listings (TFLs) to the required specification for clinical reports. This involves production of programs in SAS, to meet client specifications
- Reconcile electronic data with CRF data.
- Create SDTM and Analysis datasets (ADaM).
- Responsible for data transfer to and from clients in both production and developmental roles.
- Ensure that TFLs are produced in a timely and accurate manner and are in accordance with defined standards.
- Liaise with Medical Writers, Data Managers, Biostatisticians and other members of staff with regard to data and tables, listings and graph specifications/requirements.
- Ensure all documentation is completed on work produced e.g. QC records, Index document.
- Good time management and organization skills, the ability to prioritize own work to meet tight deadlines while maintaining the highest standards of work.
- Effective communication skills; a co-operative and team orientated approach.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for providing SAS programming support in terms of creating SDTM/ADaM datasets and producing tables, figures and listings for reports.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
- Working towards an undergraduate degree preferably in mathematics, statistics, computing, life science, health science, or related subjects
- Has experience delivering multiple projects in an academic or professional setting
- Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders and internal/external colleagues
- Embraces diverse ways of thinking through various forms collaboration and partnership
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .