My client, a global provider of pharmaceutical, medical devices and healthcare solutions is currently looking to recruit an energetic and enthusiastic Staff Nurse to work as part of their Dialysis Team. This is a full-time permanent position based in their state-of-the-art healthcare facilities in Portloaise and Galway.
They will take personal responsibility and accountability for ensuring that policies and procedures are known and followed and will ensure duties are carried out in accordance with the advisory guidelines and practices set out in Irish National Nursing Council (INNC).
Key roles and responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Organise and participate in the delivery of high standards of evidence-based nursing care.
- Take regular responsibility to carry out direct patient care to a high standard without direct supervision in accordance with established nursing procedures and policies.
- To report any significant changes in a patient’s condition or situation to the appropriate members of the multidisciplinary team
- To contribute towards health promotion for all patients by providing education, support and advice, as necessary. Ensure referral to appropriate professionals or agencies as required.
- To take personal responsibility for ensuring that patients are always treated with courtesy, the individual needs of patients are respected, and confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- To be responsible for ensuring provision of a safe and therapeutic environment for all patients, relatives, visitors and colleagues.
Skills & Experience Requirements:
- Registered Nurse with current INNC to practice.
- Completion of training for additional clinical skills required in the unit i.e. IV drug administration/cannulation & venipuncture.
- Evidence of an ability to critically appraise and utilise research to maintain and improve patient care.
- Excellent written and verbal skills - Must be fluent in English.
- Ability to build good relationships with patients, relatives, visitors and colleagues by developing rapport, communicating clearly and accurately, active listening and the ability to empathise. The post-holder must have the ability to refer to senior staff as required.
- Ability to recognise and diffuse potentially difficult situations in relation to patients, carers or members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Organisational skills for co-ordination and provision of care needs of patients using initiative, time management, leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrate teaching and presentation skills to enable active participation as a mentor for students and to promote an effective learning environment.
For a full Job Spec and to apply for this role please call Katie on +353 1 2784671 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. www.thornshaw.com Tel: +353 1 2784671