At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture.THE POSITION
As a member of Boehringer Ingelheim’s Global Facilities & Engineering (GFE) division, the Global CAPEX Projects organization has been created to connect all competencies in one organization, ensuring steering, governance, standardization, knowledge, and skills to support strategic and large CAPEX projects with high quality services.
The simultaneous execution and multi-contracting model of strategic and large CAPEX projects gives many opportunities to personally evolve on a global level and act as a key function in projects.
The Global PMO team - being part of the Global CAPEX Projects organization - is seeking for a Manager Project Controls
This position can be filled in Ingelheim or Biberach (Discover our site Biberach: xplorebiberach.com ).
Tasks & responsibilities
- As Manager Project Controls you report to the Head of Project Controls and functionally to the Project Manager in charge.
- You conduct effective controlling mechanisms for (strategic and large) CAPEX projects and support project stakeholders by illustrating the project's progress.
- In this role you transform the cost estimation to a cost breakdown structure and create the budget baseline for project controlling.
- Furthermore, you issue monthly financial report, including curves on planned, actual and forecasted cost and cash spending - you monitor / report monthly on the state of risks / opportunities, change orders / claims, and budget transfers.
- You identify deviations from plan, analyze cause and effect, and recommend corrective measures to the Project Manager.
- Monitoring performance and determine improvement areas by developing key performance indicators for critical metrics is one of your key tasks.
- In addition, you establish work habits to let the Project Controller’s function become an integral, agile and pro-active building block in project execution.
- Master’s degree (e.g. MBA, MSc. M.Eng.) or Diploma degree in Engineering, Business Administration or Economics, or related fields
- Several years of professional working experience in CAPEX projects and profound project controls expertise
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and SAP
- Empathic communication, strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Good understanding of international and interdisciplinary working environments
- Fluency in English (written and spoken), German is a plus
- Flexible schedule and the willingness to travel and relocate
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
This is where you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.
We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth. We also offer a competitive salary, generous amount of vacation time, and numerous benefits towards your wellness & financial health and work-life balance. Plus, an onsite gym (Ingelheim), in-house doctor and best-in-class cafeterias and coffee bars to keep you energized and healthy. To learn more about what benefits could be waiting for you, please visit our Career area .
Want to learn more about us? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com/
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
READY TO CONTACT US?
Please contact our Recruiting EMEA Team, Tel: +49 (0) 6132 77-173173
Not exactly the position you are looking for but have someone else in mind? Share it via the button on the bottom of the page with friends or colleagues who might be interested.