ICON plc is a world - leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
With our patients at the cen tre of all that we do, we help t o accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the drivin g force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
As a Project Manager within our Vaccines and Infectious Disease team, you will expect to add towards a culture of project group excellence with a focus on process improvement, adding value and exceeding client needs. You will be the point of contact for designated projects, responsible to deliver successful client relationships, you'll lead cross-functional planning, define project scope, build resource requirements, risk migration strategies, associated action plan and issue resolution.The role
Why join us?
- Lead a cross functional project team ensuring all necessary delivery of project training and developing a succession plan for the core team members
- Manage project study budgets, develop invoicing procedures according to study contract
- Direct all reporting on the progress of projects to ICON clients, you'll monitor and implementing QC activities as necessary
- Collaborate with business development to ensure we have a dedicated commercial aptitude, collaborate together with internal colleagues and external partners to identify new avenues for growth
Ongoing development is vital to us, and as a Project Manager you will have the opportunity to progress your career, with the potential to move into other related areas to enhance your skill set. Our benefits package is competitive, our scope is international and we genuinely care about our people and their success.What you need
- Project Management experience within Clinical Research, you can develop an approach to driving performance and success in a global environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in medicine, science or your equivalent working experience and a qualification in Project Management is desirable but not essential
- You'll have specific therapeutic experience within Vaccines or Infectious Disease is preferred but you could have other general medicine experience in areas of flu vaccines, HIV infectious disease studies
- You could be a confident communicator, with strong client management skills and strong decision-making skills
- Willingness to travel up to 25% as needed
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities a nd quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture - one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to p rovide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive poli cies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career - both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If , because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.