Financial Accountant II
At ICON, it’s our people that set us apart. Our diverse teams enable us to become a better partner to our customers and help us to fulfil our mission to advance and improve patients’ lives.
Our ‘Own It’ culture is driven by four key values that bring us together as individuals and set us apart as an organisation: Accountability & Delivery, Collaboration, Partnership and Integrity. We want to be the Clinical Research Organisation that delivers excellence to our clients and to patients at every touch-point. In short, to be the partner of choice in drug development.
That’s our vision. We’re driven by it. And we need talented people who share it.
If you’re as driven as we are, join us. You’ll be working in a dynamic and supportive environment, with some of the brightest and the friendliest people in the sector, and you’ll be helping shape an industry.
As an Accountant, you will make sure timely and accurate financial information is provided in order for the company to meet its goals and objectives while ensuring statutory requirements are met.
• Preparation of monthly financial information for two or more entities including Management Accounts.
• Handle Trial Balance and maintain Balance Sheet reconciliations.
• Calculation of Cost-plus revenue.
• Ensuring that all of your portfolios follows local statutory requirements, i.e. VAT returns, Statutory Financial Documents, CT returns and all other filings are finished and filed in accordance with local legislation & timelines.
• Partnering and liaising with local financial advisors to ensure efficient information flows to ensure local accounts are accurate.
• Ensuring all processes are SOX compliant.
• Weekly cash-flow monitoring and reporting.
• Liaising with and collaborating with external auditors - at both group and local levels.
• Assistance with forecast and budget preparation.
• Assisting and supporting the Finance Manager with various relevant information requirements.
You will need:
• Qualified Accountant - ACA/CIMA/ACCA.
• We are open to receiving CV's from both practice and industry-trained accountants.
• 1-2 years PQE with accounts preparation experience.
• Confident using Excel to an advanced level.
• Comfortable using systems. If you have Oracle Financials that would be a bonus.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to convert financial data to understandable information.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• An outstanding team member and partner to ICON.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the quality of our people. That’s why we’ve made it a priority to build a culture that rewards high performance and nurtures talent.
We offer very competitive salary packages. And to keep them competitive, we regularly benchmark them against our competitors. Our annual bonuses reflect delivery of performance goals - both ours and yours.
We also provide a range of health-related benefits to employees and their families and offer competitive retirement plans - and related benefits such as life assurance - so you can save and plan with confidence for the years ahead.
But beyond the competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, you’ll benefit from an environment where you are encouraged to fulfil your sense of purpose and drive lasting change.
ICON is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.