At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture.
Do you share our passion to improve healthcare, by developing and delivering robust and innovative solutions and embracing technologies to fulfill business needs and challenges in the area of Clinical Development?
Then join us now and become part of our team IT RDM BMS (IT Research, Development & Medicine and Biometrics & Data Science). Together with your colleagues, you will play a crucial role for the success of our organization by contributing to the development of innovative software solutions.
You should be an entrepreneurial team player with an agile mindset who is curious about building innovative solutions and guiding your peers and external developers in building solutions from scratch in an international and intercultural environment. Furthermore, you think beyond the technical implementation and are eager to consult our internal customers.
The position is located in our beautiful site in Biberach: xplorebiberach.com
Tasks & responsibilities
- In collaboration with other IT units and the business community, you will steer the development of innovative software solutions and guide internal and external developers.
- As contact person for our internal customers (e.g. in Medicine) you will consult with regards to how to best transfer business demands into innovative, scalable software solutions.
- As a member of the product team, you will build an innovative product / BI dataland lighthouse use case “Clinical Data Integration for Analysis”, that addresses a real internal customer need, from prototyping to a full productive and scalable solution.
- Moreover, you will work with state-of-the-art technologies and leverage standard IT services.
- You will consult and influence the team and key stakeholders to develop a solution in close alignment with the overall IT architecture and IT strategy.
- In addition, you will act as a proxy to discuss product-related issues with regards to process, architectural design, and engineering.
- You will oversee the technical project deliverables and report on them.
As a Lead Business Consultant, you have following additional tasks and responsibilities:
- In your new role, you will be technically responsible for the entire solution as IT Subject Matter Expert together with our Solution Architect.
- Furthermore, you will support several initiatives on their journey (defining IT landscape and roadmaps).
- With your experience in agile software development, you will actively contribute to IT project management and continuously scout for opportunities for technical improvement.
- You will ensure alignment and cross-functional communication regarding scope and timelines.
- Master’s degree in computer science or comparable qualification with good experience in state-of-the-art programming languages and backend technologies
- Proven track record in implementing a solution from a prototyping to full productive service at scale
- Good AWS exposure to some of the following tools: Infra as Code (Cloud Formation, Terraform), AWS Lambda Functions, API gateway, storage (S3, EFS) and databases (RDS, Aurora, Dynamo DB)
- A big plus would be also good knowledge on container-based solutions (e.g., Openshift, AWS EKS, AWS Fargate) paired with hands-on development and delivery experience with a broad mix of languages and technologies (e. g., Python, SQL)
- Capability to create and maintain business relations and consensus with business partners, vendors, developers, legal and compliance functions
- Few years of relevant international experience in project management or business consultancy in IT, automation, or data science; working in pharma industry would be a plus
- English communication skills on a professional level
As a Lead Business Consultant, you also require:
- Long-term experience in providing technical guidance and profound AWS experience
- Proven experience in project management for complex (agile) IT projects
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities as well as solution oriented working behaviour in strategic environment
- Profound experience in continuous development and deployment environments as well as container platforms and management systems (Jenkins, Git, Atlassian JIRA, Bitbucket)
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
This is where you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.
We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth. We also offer a competitive salary, generous amount of vacation time, and numerous benefits towards your wellness & financial health and work-life balance. Plus, an onsite gym (Ingelheim), in-house doctor and best-in-class cafeterias and coffee bars to keep you energized and healthy. To learn more about what benefits could be waiting for you, please visit our Career area .
Want to learn more about us? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com/
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
READY TO CONTACT US?
Please contact our Recruiting EMEA Team, Tel: +49 (0) 6132 77-173173
Not exactly the position you are looking for but have someone else in mind? Share it via the button on the bottom of the page with friends or colleagues who might be interested.