An exciting opportunity for a Project Manager (m/f/d)
for our Early Phase Unit in Berlin. This role is a full-time and office-based position
that will manage Phase I and II studies.
The Project Manager (PM) leads the Parexel and Sponsor teams by combining a depth of clinical research experience and project management skills with insight into sponsor pressures and an ability to develop the right solution for each sponsor.
Accountable for the successful delivery of projects/programs (on time, on budget, to the highest quality) compliant with ICH, GCP, and other applicable documents and regulations. Ensures the project teams achieve operational excellence and successful execution of the clinical operations and logistical strategy. Key Accountabilities
Skills & Knowledge
- Initiate, plan, manage and close out of Phase I and II projects with all departments of the EPCU Berlin including external vendors and external units as required
- Owns the sponsor relationship and is responsible for sponsor communications.
- Provides a central point of study contact on behalf of the functional teams and vendors.
- Continuous reporting and update of project progress including communication internally and with sponsor and external vendors
- Lead team meetings on a regular basis with project team to ensure project objectives are met.
- Budget control for Phase I and II studies including: Service inquiries with external vendors, Budget and contract negotiation with sponsors and external vendors, Forecasting, tracking and invoicing
- Understands and ensures compliance with SOP's, contract terms and system requirements.
- Responsible for the setup of project specific training in Parexel system and oversight of training
- Approximately 2 years PM or equivalent experience or 3 to 5 years related work experience in project management or related fields
- Experience as a functional team leader in clinical/data management/logistics function or proven experience in coordinating clinical trials.
- Presentation, speaking skills in English and German
- Organizational talent and Ability to work under pressure and multitask
- In depth knowledge of guidelines, ICH-GCP and AMG.
- Solid computer and internet skills including knowledge of MS Office (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project)
- Bachelor's degree in a science related filed or a wealth of related work experience as a clinical research project manager.
- Scientific / Medical / Pharmacology background desirable