Your new employer is Labcorp Drug Development , the world's most comprehensive drug development company, dedicated to improving health and improving lives .Our unique perspectives, built from decades of scientific expertise and precision delivery of the largest volume of drug development data in the world, along with our innovative technology solutions, help our clients identify new approaches and anticipate tomorrow's challenges as they evolve.
As part of a global team you will be responsible for the preparationand negotiation of site agreements, confidentiality agreements, letters of indemnification and other contracts with study sites. This unique opportunity is perfect if you are looking to utilize your legal knowledge in the pharmaceutical and CRO industry.
This is a home-based/remote
position. Fluency in English
required. Your main responsibilities will include, but not be restricted to:
- Responsible for adherence to standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Daily tracking, negotiation and approval of Site Agreements and Site Agreement templates (as applicable) for clinical study teams; timely updating of the departmental Site Agreement Management System ("SAMS") or any other system required for use on a particular study
- Identify and escalate issues (as defined in departmental processes) that must be escalated to line manager for review
- Confirm quality of tasks delegated to and completed by Contracts Associate
- Manage assigned studies with careful compliance with internal processes and procedures, or otherwise according to specified Sponsor requirements
- Responsible for the timely updating of the departmental contract tracking system
- Performs contract administration functions including: assisting with obtaining approvals on authorization forms as required; maintaining a contract tracking system to report contract status updates and signing status; providing notice of all executed contracts to the appropriate team members along with contract values; and scanning and filing executed contracts in the shared electronic storage area in a timely manner for access by other staff members
- Support line manager with departmental goals, objectives and initiatives in a positive and flexible way
- Provides management with regular status updates on all open contracts and any outstanding issues
- Complies with and fulfils corporate requirements of the position including, inputting activities in Timesheets, conducting all required training and documenting training in training systems, and preparing and submitting any company expense reports for reimbursement in a timely manner
- Drafts, negotiates, reviews, and processes contracts in a commercially reasonably manner that protects Labcorp's fundamental interests and in accordance with departmental practices and policies. Produces and negotiates contracts that accurately reflect Labcorp's obligations or rights and understandings with third parties
- Negotiates contractual terms with other contracting parties in a professional manner
- Identifies potential obstacles in the contracting process promptly and requests assistance of line manager, project management staff, Business Development staff, Budgets & Proposals staff or higher management as necessary to minimize delays and to facilitate the prompt conclusion of contractual negotiations
- Works closely with appropriate staff to keep them informed of progress of agreements and to avoid any delays in execution
- Provides support to other Site Agreements staff and assists internal staff with contractual inquiries as required. Facilitates the internal review/revision/sign off process on contracts prior to forwarding to external parties
- Coordinate and communicate with clinical study teams in a timely manner regarding contract details and timelines, as well as contract status reporting to ensure quick approval of templates and contracts
- Ability to apply knowledge of the principles of ICH GCP to their work and follow quality standard procedures
- Bachelor's degree (LLB, JD, BA or BS) preferred, university-level law degree preferred (UK/EU)
- Fluent in business-level English
- 2+ year of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the key responsibilities of the job , or an equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the key responsibilities of the job
Join us and discover why Labcorp Drug Development has been named by Fortune® Magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies 2022 for the fourth consecutive year, by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers 2020 and more than 90% of the top 20 global pharmaceutical companies are repeat customers. We can offer you not only a job, but a stable, long-term international career. Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .