If you find science, speed, and success exhilarating, you have come to the right place.
Novavax, Inc (Nasdaq:NVAX) is a biotechnology company that creates transformational vaccines that address some of the world’s most pressing infectious diseases. We have more than a decade of experience contending with some of the world’s most devastating diseases, including COVID-19, seasonal influenza, RSV, Ebola, MERS, and SARS. Hard-won lessons and significant advances illustrate that our proven technology has tremendous potential to make a substantial contribution to public health worldwide.
Our scientists are committed to developing vaccine candidates for some of the world’s toughest viral threats by utilizing the power of our innovative recombinant nanoparticle vaccine platform. Our vaccine technology combines the power and speed of genetic engineering with the immunogenicity enhancing properties of our Matrix-M™ adjuvant to efficiently produce highly immunogenic particles targeting some of the most pressing viral infectious diseases.
Novavax, Inc. is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Uppsala, Sweden and Bohumil, Czech Republic. Responsibilities include but are not limited to :
Minimum Requirements :
- Collaborate and coordinate with colleagues in buffer preparation, broth clarification, and upstream material hand-off to downstream process development for additional purification steps
- Performs washing and decontamination of glassware and distributing to appropriate locations within the laboratories.
- Maintains glass washing facility, including picking up and cleaning of glassware
- May sterilize glassware and other items using an autoclave or depyrogenation oven
- Maintains laboratory equipment, inventory levels, and organization of laboratory supplies
- Maintains record keeping for duties performed
- Assist in shipping and receiving of supplies
- Performs other related duties as required
- Setup, monitor, and harvest bioreactor runs up to the 20L scale to support upstream and downstream process development efforts
- BS in chemical engineering, biochemistry, molecular biology, microbiology or related area
- 0-2 years' experience in a cGMP laboratory, related to pharmaceutical industry operations is preferred
- Ability to work weekends and early/late shift work as needed
- Willingness to spend at least 80% of work time in the lab supporting process development efforts.
- Individual selected will be required to take influenza and other vaccines, as appropriate.
- Working knowledge of cGMPs and GDPs is preferred
- Good communications skills
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Familiar with Microsoft office suites - Word, Excel, PowerPoint a plus
Novavax offers a base salary, annual bonus, equity grants, professional career development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Novavax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals on an at-will basis, regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Except where prohibited by applicable state law, this position requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you need a reasonable accommodation or qualify for an exemption.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)