2 x Field Service Engineers - Projects - X-ray detection and imaging
Location: Sydney, NSW
Salary: $85,000 - $95,0000 + OT/travel/on-call allowances + Super
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN:
- Cutting-edge technology that is continuously changing the face of X-ray detection & imaging?
- Want to work for and become part of a renowned and recognised multi-national organisation?
- Looking to be onboarded with top-class training and join a will-knit & collaborative team?
- Looking for a role that will challenge and excite you every day?
If all of these are a YES, then this could be the role and company for YOU!
As a Field Service Engineer, you must be team-oriented and flexible, and actively seek to share information and assist your peers. If you have ever been through airport security in Australia, the chances are you have walked through one of their devices. This is an exciting role where you will work on a critical medical device, that services the aviation industry, as well as scanning equipment used in courthouses, military bases, and post offices.
- Our client is a successful medical device organisation, distributing its product worldwide.
- As a leading manufacturer of X-ray Imaging Specialties, this company provides high-end X-ray detection and imaging systems used at airports, courthouses, military bases, AusPost & Aviation
- Due to continuous growth, we require 2 x Field Service Engineers with a medical device/x-ray/imaging background to join the established and collaborative team
- The role will require a significant amount of travel both domestic and international (up to 80-90%) including some countries considered as High-Risk (for example PNG or Thailand)
- Responsible for meeting daily service needs with regards to installation activities and driving customer satisfaction
- Installs equipment in the field; provides customer familiarization training as required
- As required, plays the role of technical lead on the project working closely with the Program Manager and the rest of the installation team as applicable
- Documents all installation work and submits paperwork in a timely manner
- Responsible for reporting product quality issues/concerns identified during the installation activities
- Participates in Service sales opportunities and assists with promoting and implementing revenue programs
- Ensures that relevant tools and test equipment are properly maintained and calibrated
- Assesses product/equipment performance based on field support data; recommends modifications or improvements where applicable
- Seeks to provide technical support to customers and other service professionals as required
- Possesses a solid level of technical knowledge on the main company's products in the region
- Establishes and maintains a close relationship with senior level Field Service Engineers and Product
- Specialists in order to support the needs of the customer and remain aware of current technical trends
- Exercises every available measure to control and minimize costs
- Complies with and ensures Service Department compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies
- Other duties as required
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- 2-3 years experience is highly beneficial, being directly involved in field service/installation of electro-mechanical and electronic systems/equipment.
- Individuals should possess good communications skills and have a strong orientation for customer focus and teamwork. Must be willing & able to travel sometimes at short notice and stay away from home for the duration of the project
- Electro-mechanical qualification or equivalent technical training/experience. Equivalence achieved through comparative work and life experience is acceptable (>5 years work experience in a related electrical or mechanical field service role)
- competency in the use of all programs within MS Office Suite and aptitude for learning specialized software programs.
- Industry-related licenses (restricted electrical, Grade 3 Licence)
- The ability to acquire and maintain relevant security clearance
- Clean Drivers license
If you would like to discuss this vacancy further, please call Terence Pohl on 02 8310 5847 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . If this role is not suitable, Terence is also available to discuss other possible positions or answer any general questions regarding your career and the current market.