PHASTAR is a multiple award-winning global biometrics Contract Research Organisation (CRO). We partner with pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device organisations to provide the expertise and processes to manage and deliver on time, quality biostatistics, programming, data management and data science services.
Operating across the UK, US, Canada, France, Germany, Spain, Kenya, Australia, India, China, and Japan, PHASTAR is the second largest specialised biometrics provider globally, and the largest in the UK.
Accredited as an outstanding company to work for, PHASTAR is committed to employee engagement, workplace satisfaction and ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We offer flexible working, part-time hours, involvement in developing company-wide initiatives, structured training and development plans, and a truly supportive, fun, and friendly environment.
What’s more, when you join our team, PHASTAR will plant a tree in your honour, as one of our Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives. So, not only would you get your dream job, you’ll also be helping to save the planet!
As a senior statistician, you will hold a combined project leadership, client liaison, and hands-on technical statistics role within our internal reporting team. Working across phases I-IV in a variety of therapeutic areas, you will lead assigned studies, ensuring they are delivered to optimal quality, on time and on budget.
• Work as global lead biostatistician within a reporting team environment, responsible for the statistical aspects of multiple clinical studies, overseeing more junior leads, and supporting regulatory interactions
• Liaise with lead programmer and study project lead regarding resourcing and deliverables
• Lead a team of statisticians and programmers to manipulate, summarise and analyse clinical trial data using a variety of statistical methods
• Supervise work of less experienced statisticians
• Function as statistical support across multiple studies
• Write the Statistical Analysis Plan (SAP)
• Program and validate primary efficacy datasets, summary tables, listings and complex figures, and program statistical analysis tables. Liaise with clients to propose alternative or additional analyses if needed
• Develop macros for statistical analyses and figures
• Consult with clinical scientists to decide on best approach for sample-size calculation and execution
• Create/QC randomisation schemes
• Work as unblinded lead reporting statistician producing unblinded outputs
• Review clinical study reports for accuracy
• Ensure the team meets the highest quality standards and follows the principles detailed in PHASTAR’s internal procedures
• Act as a statistical consultant to pharmaceutical/biotechnology companies, maintaining a positive and engaging client relationship with regards to statistical issues
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• PhD or MSc in biostatistics or related discipline
• Experience working within a clinical trials environment (CRO or pharma) to have a good awareness of clinical trial issues, design, and implementation
• Project leadership experience
• Knowledge of CDISC (SDTM/ADaM) standards
• Experience performing statistical analysis using SAS
• Familiarity with GCP and regulatory requirements
• Experience of writing SAPs
With the world’s eyes focused on clinical trial data, this is a fantastic time to join an award-winning specialised biometric CRO that is renowned for its technical expertise, outstanding quality and cutting-edge data science techniques.
*PHASTAR does not accept any CVs received from recruitment agencies. In the event that speculative CVs are submitted by recruitment agencies, PHASTAR reserves the right to contact these candidates directly and consider them for current/future vacancies without any financial obligation to the recruitment agency in question. This applies to any CVs sent directly to any PHASTAR employee.