ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well. The Role: To be successful in the role, you will have:
- More than 10 years Phase I experience in a Clinical Research Organization or NHS setting
- At least 5 years as a Study Manager or Project Manager of Phase I studies
- Experience in a variety of Phase I clinical trials, including experience in both commercial and academic trials
- In depth knowledge and understanding of standards and legislation governing Clinical Trials
- Extensive experience of working with and managing teams from multiple functional areas and backgrounds (including Clinical Medical teams), preferably including global team members although this is not essential.
- Ability to problem solve with a high level of attention to detail and delivery against aggressive timelines
- Experience of client/sponsor facing job roles
- Create, execute, maintain a detailed project plan in accordance with the approved scope of work and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Conduct study feasibility and ensure proper site selection, set-up and management of site(s).
- Oversee clinical monitoring from site qualification to site closure visits to ensure compliance with project requirements and ICON standards.
- Create, finalize, monitor, and close out project charters (where applicable).
- Identify resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Review deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
- Effectively apply EPS project management methodology and enforces project standards.
- Utilize risk management methodologies to identify risks.
- Lead the process to document lessons learned and resultant recommendations for the project
Business Development/Commercial Awareness
- Track, report and approve team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
- Manage project budget to ensure financial targets are met through regular review of direct/indirect costs and project resources.
- Determine appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project.
- Analyse project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization
- Collaborate with Finance and Project Analysis to ensure accurate revenue recognition, invoicing, and other financial reconciliations.
- Recognize and submit out of scope requests for costing and approval.
- Stakeholder Management
- Participate in bid defence presentations.
- Effectively convey ICON capabilities relating to Project Management and related disciplines in both written and verbal business development discussions.
- Facilitate effective communication among all project-related parties.
- Effectively communicate information.
- Hold regular status meetings with project team both internal and external.
- Understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Drive discussions on resolution of project issues; critically evaluate root cause and develop options for resolution; effectively communicate recommendation for resolution to stakeholders.
- Demonstrate conflict resolution capabilities: exhibit solution seeking behaviours and promote team building
- Manage roles and responsibilities within the project team, ensuring that each team member understands requirements for project deliverables as outlined within the scope of work
- Mitigate team conflict and communication problems.
- Works to ensure that all team members are aware of pending deliverables and assignments and that the required resources are secured to complete deliverables on-time
- Inspires team members to attain goals and pursue excellence.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change
- Manages the process of change effectively.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
- Be the principle contact for Sponsors, especially as it relates to timelines, deliverables and financial objectives for the project.
- Manage day-to-day client interaction.
- Manage client expectations and convey these expectations to the project team
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture - one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career - both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.