Proclinical are recruiting a CRA Contractor for a global CRO. This role is on a contract basis with the ability to work remotely. Travel across both Sweden and Norway is required.
- Complete site qualification, site initiation, interim monitoring, site management activities and close-out visits (performed on-site or remotely) ensuring regulatory, ICH-GCP and/or Good Pharmacoepidemiology Practice (GPP) and protocol compliance. Uses judgment and experience to evaluate overall performance of site and site staff and to provide recommendations regarding site-specific actions; immediately communicates/escalates serious issues to the project team and develops action plans. Maintains a working knowledge of ICH/GCP Guidelines or other applicable guidance, relevant regulations, and company SOPs/processes.
- Verifies the process of obtaining informed consent has been adequately performed and documented for each subject/patient, as required/appropriate. Demonstrates diligence in protecting the confidentiality of each subject/patient. Assesses factors that might affect subject/patient's safety and clinical data integrity at an investigator/physician site such as protocol deviation/violations and pharmacovigilance issues.
- Per the Clinical Monitoring/Site Management Plan (CMP/SMP):
- Assesses site processes
- Conducts Source Document Review of appropriate site source documents and medical records
- Verifies required clinical data entered in the case report form (CRF) is accurate and complete
- Applies query resolution techniques remotely and on site, and provides guidance to site staff as necessary, driving query resolution to closure within agreed timelines
- Utilizes available hardware and software to support the effective conduct of the clinical study data review and capture
- Verifies site compliance with electronic data capture requirements
- May perform investigational product (IP) inventory, reconciliation and reviews storage and security. Verifies the IP has been dispensed and administered to subjects/patients according to the protocol. Verifies issues or risks associated with blinded or randomized information related to IP. Applies knowledge of GCP/local regulations and organizational procedures to ensure IP is appropriately (re)labelled, imported and released/returned.
- Routinely reviews the Investigator Site File (ISF) for accuracy, timeliness and completeness. Reconciles contents of the ISF with the Trial Master File (TMF). Ensures the investigator/physician site is aware of the requirement of archiving essential documents in accordance with local guidelines and regulations.
- Documents activities via confirmation letters, follow-up letters, trip reports, communication logs, and other required project documents as per SOPs and Clinical Monitoring Plan/Site Management Plan. Supports subject/patient recruitment, retention and awareness strategies. Enters data into tracking systems as required to track all observations, ongoing status and assigned action items to resolution.
- For assigned activities, understands project scope, budgets, and timelines; manages site-level activities / communication to ensure project objectives, deliverables and timelines are met. Must be able to quickly adapt to changing priorities to achieve goals / targets.
- May act as primary liaison with study site personnel, or in collaboration with Central Monitoring Associate. Ensures all assigned sites and project-specific site team members are trained and compliant with applicable requirements.
- Prepares for and attends Investigator Meetings and/or sponsor face to face meetings. Participates in global clinical monitoring/project staff meetings (inclusive of Sponsor representation, as applicable) and attends clinical training sessions according to the project specific requirements.
- Provides guidance at the site and project level towards audit readiness standards and supports preparation for audit and required follow-up actions.
- Maintains a working knowledge of ICH/GCP Guidelines or other applicable guidance, relevant regulations, and company SOPs/processes; completes assigned training as required.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or RN in a related field or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Practice/ICH Guidelines and other applicable regulatory requirements in Finland
- Previous monitoring experience
- Fluency in Finnish and proficient in English
- Ability to manage the required travel, the sites are mainly based in Finland, some cross-border monitoring is possible
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Carl Sundell at +41 61 508 70 52.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.