Pharmacy Category Development Manager - Exciting new opportunity based working for an established healthcare company.
Role: Pharmacy Category Development Manager
Package: Salary up to £55k plus car allowance, bonus and additional benefits package
Location: Hybrid working - home-based with 2-3 days in the office/customer visits - office location Slough or Paddington
Role Type: Pharmacy Category Development Manager, Category Manager
This is a great opportunity to join an established global healthcare company as a Pharmacy Category Development Manager. This role reports to the Head of Category - UK Health
Working with a portfolio of leading brands, you will own the channel / category strategy. You will increase our presence in stores, strengthen our brands and ensure we have the right product, marketing and promotional activities in place. You’ll create the vision and take practical steps to see it come to life. You will be responsible for your own projects. The products you help us get out there will make people’s lives better with iconic brands.
You will be highly analytical, comfortable forecasting and working with a wide range of data to make fact-based decisions. With a background in sales or marketing, you’re able to translate plans into customer marketing actions. Like us, you’re results-orientated and entrepreneurial. You can develop strategies based on real world insight. And your communication skills mean others will share your vision.
You will be responsible for responsible influencing and driving key retailer relationships to advance the in-store execution of the category. The role will involve internal cross functional working with the National Account and the trade marketing teams and ensuring clear strategic building blocks and tactics are being driven with the appropriate sense of urgency externally to result in store excellence and retailer performance.
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
- Develop and deliver effective 4P execution based on local Success Models and an understanding of customers, categories and consumers to maximise category performance
- Liaise with Trade Marketing to ensure that NPD plans and wider categories are aligned and best practices are shared
- Customise strategies and plans to align with and support the retailers strategy
- Effectively negotiate mutually beneficial solutions with various stakeholders and influence key decision-makers to improve in-store presence and execution of the category
- Implement own initiatives from concept to in-store execution
- Drive the range review process
- Understand and consider the impact of own decisions and independent action within other units and wider business
- Manage short and long term contractual tactics and strategies
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in marketing/business or related subject preferred
- Degree calibre with sales / marketing / data or retail management background, preferably within FMCG
- Demonstrable commercial acumen and good understanding of Customer Management Process.
- Ability to analyse large volumes of complex information, interpret & construct straightforward plans
- Confident and capable of communicating and operating at all levels
- Strong knowledge of Syndicated Data (Nielsen/IRI, Spectra, Panel Data, A&Us)
- Advanced usage of Excel, PowerPoint, Nitro (or equivalent; and basic Spaceman (or equivalent)
- Strong influencing / negotiation expertise
If you are suitable for this position, please send a copy of your CV. Alternatively call the recruitment team at Chemistree Solutions Ltd. Chemistree is a pharmaceutical and healthcare recruitment specialist.