Description Statistical Programmer II
Syneos Health is the only fully integrated biopharmaceutical solutions organization purpose-built to accelerate customer success. We lead with a product development mindset, seamlessly connecting our capabilities to add high-value insights to speed therapies to patients and provide practical value to help our customers achieve their objectives.
Our Clinical Development model brings the customer and the patient to the center of everything that we do. We are continuously looking for ways to simplify and streamline our work to not only make Syneos Health easier to work with, but to make us easier to work for.
Whether you join us in a Functional Service Provider partnership or a Full-Service environment, you’ll collaborate with passionate problem solvers, innovating as a team to help our customers achieve their goals. We are agile and driven to accelerate the delivery of therapies, because we are passionate to change lives.
The Statistical Programmer II / Senior Statistical Programmer within Clinical Pharmacology & Bioanalysis Statistical Programming will be home-based in Canada or the United States.
Discover what our 29,000 employees, across 110 countries already know: WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE Why Syneos Health
- We are passionate about developing our people, through career development and progression; supportive and engaged line management; technical and therapeutic area training; peer recognition and total rewards program.
- We are committed to our Total Self culture - where you can authentically be yourself. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we are dedicated to taking care of our people.
- We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives - we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
• Uses SAS or other software to generate summary tables, data listings, graphs and derived datasets as specified in the statistical analysis plan and programming specifications.
• Works to ensure that outputs meet quality standards and project requirements.
• Performs validation programming and works with other Statistical Programmers, Biostatisticians, and other project team members to resolve discrepancies or any findings.
• Keeps project team members informed of programming progress and issues requiring their attention.
• Follows applicable SOPs, WIs, and relevant regulatory guidelines (e.g. ICH).
• Maintains well organized, complete, and up-to-date project documentation, and verification/quality control documents and programs ensuring inspection readiness.
• Manages scheduling and time constraints across multiple projects, sets goals based on priorities from management, and adapts to timeline or priority changes by reorganizing daily workload.
• May develop specifications for datasets and outputs according to statistical and Sponsor requirements. Anticipates and addresses potential programming issues, reflects forethought, establishes the basis for efficient programming, accurately defines all variables to be accepted by peer review and sponsor/requestor with little rework.
• Prepares in advance for internal meetings, contributes ideas, and demonstrates respect for opinions of others.
• Displays willingness to work with others and assist with projects and initiatives as necessary to meet the needs of the business.
• Completes project programming activities within timeframe allotted by Lead Statistical Programmer and/or management.
• May act as the Lead Statistical Programmer, directs the programming activities of other programming personnel and monitors progress on programming deliverables.
• Assists with the transfer of deliverables.
• Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
• Minimal travel may be required. Qualifications What we’re looking for
• Undergraduate Degree, preferably in a scientific or statistical discipline; In lieu of degree, an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated programming experience.
• Proficiency in programming in SAS or other required software, preferably in a clinical trial environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English. Get to know Syneos Health
Over the past 5 years, we have worked with 94% of all Novel FDA Approved Drugs, 95% of EMA Authorized Products and over 200 Studies across 73,000 Sites and 675,000+ Trial patients.
No matter what your role is, you’ll take the initiative and challenge the status quo with us in a highly competitive and ever-changing environment. Learn more about Syneos Health . Additional Information:
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.