Associate Proposal Developer/ Contracts Analyst – Graduate Development Programme 2023
IQVIA is currently hiring for its Graduate Development Programme in Global Business Operations. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop into a best-in-class Business Analyst, ready to handle any deliverable with the highest quality and in depth understanding, and to embark on a successful and dynamic career pathway into the world of Global Proposals and Contracts.
The development programme consists of three months’ training, before moving to work with a dedicated coach with the goal of driving the development and execution of Proposals or Contracts. You will receive a good grounding in the Clinical Research industry, as well as project management skills, financial fundamentals, negotiation and the skills and knowledge required to write a winning proposal or draft an executable contact
No prior experience is necessary; however, the successful candidates will have a hunger to learn, be ready to engage and build relationships and have excellent communication skills.
As an Associate Proposal Developer/ Contracts Analyst, you will become part of a global team, where your task will be to develop and prepare proposals, preliminary agreements and executable contracts for assigned customers, to support the Global IQVIA sales and project management teams.
As part of your role, you will
Associate Proposal Developer
- Review Requests for Proposal (RFP). Identify information for proposal text and budget development and work closely with proposal development team to prepare and finalize proposals.
- Drive the execution of the Proposal throughout the lifecycle of the opportunity developing a strategic deliverable in accordance with proposals prioritization.
- Provide support and assistance to other Proposal Developers in the delivery of assigned opportunities.
- Lead and participate in global strategy calls to discuss customer requirements and identify discrepancies in customer information.
- Perform quality reviews of own work, processes and tasks to eliminate errors or defects.
- Update and maintain corporate databases as required and ensure accurate information is included in tracking reports.
- Proactively build internal and external customer relationships, working together to add value and improve the proposals and award processes.
- Identify key challenges and ultimate selling points from Request for Proposal (RFP) documentation.
- Engage with internal stakeholders to promote effective and streamlined budgeting strategies during proposal and post award stages.
- Act as the primary GBO interface with internal and external customers to develop the new award preliminary contracts.
- Develop and implement execution plans for all new award preliminary contracts to ensure timely execution.
- Review master service agreements (MSAs), ensuring all contractual language is current, and inclusive of any new “standard” terms.
- Actively participate when attending customer meetings to represent the department.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Associate Contracts Analyst
- Work closely with project teams to determine appropriate terms and conditions of contracts
- Develop and prepare Contracts
- Act as primary customer interface on small to mid size projects
- Support senior team members on medium to larger customers / projects
- Revise or develop contract and related budgets and scope of work.
- Ensure the scope of work is defined correctly and budgets reflect the scope. Ensure any changes are integrated into the main study contract efficiently and accurately
- Assist in the negotiation of legal contracting text using IQVIA’s Global Contracting Policy, templates and fallbacks
- Oversee finalization and distribution of documents
- Update and maintain contract databases and files
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Analytical thinker with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Incredibly passionate about what you do.
- Striving to deliver excellence.
- Possess a quality mindset, showing a concern for quality in all areas.
- Able to prioritize, organize and drive execution of multiple deliverables.
- Able to adapt and to manage change effectively.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with your internal and external stakeholders.
To excel in this role
- You will have strong working experience with Microsoft Word and Excel and have a good understanding of costing models.
- You will have a Degree in Life Science, Business Management, Finance, Legal or related field.
- You will have a strong interest in proposals and contract writing.
- Ideally you will have a knowledge of the Clinical Research industry.
Why join us?
This role provides a unique understanding of the nuances in healthcare for different countries worldwide which will help your future career development with IQVIA and could lead you to various parts of the business in the future.
We help you develop your career in clinical trials and we offer you work in a team of market-leading contracts and proposals professionals globally.
In addition to our generous employee benefits package, there are many resources available to encourage a work-life balance and enable you to become the best you can be in your work-life as well as your personal life.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com