Senior Project Manager
Come discover what our 25,000+ employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We’re a growing and evolving biopharmaceutical industry leader, which means you’ll have endless opportunities to work with experts around the world and build the career you’ve dreamed of.
As a part of the Syneos Health team, you’ll help us deliver results for a rewarding reason - we improve patients’ lives around the world. Because to us, a patient isn’t just a number, they’re our family, friends, and neighbors.
Why Syneos Health
• #SyneosHealthLife means we’re committed to our Total Self culture - where everyone can authentically be themselves. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we know every person’s unique contributions make a difference.
• We believe our success is a direct result of the people who are driving it - you! We value your dedication to care for our customers and patients, so we want to focus on taking care of you. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits program encompassing your total health - physical, mental and financial.
• We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives - we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
Project Leadership and Delivery:
• Manages a project as a Project Manager overseeing interdisciplinary clinical research studies and/or programs and ensures compliance with GCP, relevant SOP’s and regulatory requirements.
• Acts as primary liaison and/or facilitator between the Company and the Customer to ensure project launch, conduct, and closeout according to the Customer’s and the Company's contractual agreement.
• Leads project team to ensure quality, timelines and budget management.
• Implements resource strategies to achieve project goals.
• Accountable for all project deliverables for assigned projects.
• Develops contingency planning and risk mitigation strategies to ensure successful delivery of study goals.
• Identifies and implements performance improvement and operational efficiencies.
Reporting and Communication:
• Maintains and evaluates project progress by maintaining timelines, project plans and other tracking/analysis tools.
• Produces and distributes status, resourcing, and tracking reports as well as functional area plan to customers, appropriate team members and senior management.
• Maintains effective communication with the Customer and project team through oral and written correspondence, project status reports, and monthly progress reports; ensures adequate documentation of each communication.
• Attends and presents information at internal and external project meetings.
• Develops strong relationships with current and prospective clients to generate new and/or add-on business for the future.
• Supports the Business Development Department by providing information on Company's capabilities, patient populations, etc. and presents Company capabilities as well as project management specific responsibilities at Customer proposal defense meetings.
• Works with Business Development and the Proposal/Contracts groups to develop proposals for Customer requested opportunities. Works with this team to develop budgets and scope of work for the final contract.
• Responsible for quality and completeness of TMF for assigned projects.
• Accountable for the financial performance of each project assignment.
• Accountable for all project deliverables for each project assigned.
• Accountable for maintenance of study information on a variety of databases and systems.
• Responsible for study management components of inspection readiness for all aspects of the study conduct.
• Demonstrates mastery of current business unit therapeutic environment and drug development trends and facilitates the development of knowledge for more junior staff.
• Facilitates team training in accordance with protocol and/or project requirements including therapeutic, protocol specific, and process training.
• Serves as team leader and line manages and mentors other project management and clinical monitoring staff.
• Facilitates team building and communication.
• Ability to successfully deliver a project through successful delegation and oversight of project and functional leads.
What we’re looking for
• Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) level of qualification in life sciences, Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ideally Project Management qualified i.e. Prince II or PMP / equivalent.
• Strong knowledge of Good Clinical Practice/ICH guidelines, regulatory requirements, drug development process and clinical monitoring procedures.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Clinical research organization (CRO) and relevant therapeutic experience preferred
• Ability to embrace new technologies.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, both written and spoken, with an ability to inform, influence, convince, and persuade.
• Ability to travel as necessary (approximately 25%).
Get to know Syneos Health
We are the only full-service biopharmaceutical solutions company in the world. That means we bring together the best clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get medicines into the hands of patients who need it most. Learn more about Syneos Health.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.
As a healthcare company we have an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. Except in those locations where state or local law impacts this vaccination requirement, this position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities unless an exemption can be confirmed based on a medical condition, sincerely-held religious belief, or other reasons recognized by applicable law. Submission and approval of an exemption request does not necessarily guarantee that an accommodation can be provided for any specific job.