Proclinical is seeking a Senior Associate Scientist, Protein Purification for a leading biopharmaceutical company located in Waltham, MA.
The downstream PD team operates with the mission to develop and transfer robust, scalable, cost-effective viral vector purification and formulation processes for the partners and drive development and implementation of innovative internal technology platforms. This scientist will work collaboratively with other members of the PD and analytical development teams to advance these objectives.
- Design and perform world-class downstream technology protocols from bioreactor recovery, affinity-column purification, impurity removal, particle enrichment strategies, ultrafiltration and diafiltration (UF/DF), and sterile filtration
- Advance current methods and develop new methods to purify viral vectors, leaving no stone unturned
- Collaborate with suppliers and vendors on design, procurement and testing of PD equipment
- Ensure documentation and data management best practices are followed, reviewing documentation as needed
- Support collaborations with partners, clients, technology developers, and suppliers
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree with 4+ years or master's degree with 2-4 years of relevant experience in downstream process development
- Background in the development of column purification, UF/DF, sterile filtration, product recovery strategies
- Understanding of downstream process development, scale up and technology transfer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience applying scientific principles and concepts to potential innovative platforms and disruptive technologies
- Experience with process characterization and Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Understanding of early and late-stage process development
- Embodies the phenotypes of grit, rigor, service, EQ+IQ, builder mentality, velocity, and ownership
- Intellectually curious, flexible, able to contribute at a very high level, as well as possessing a hands-on manner, when necessary
- Collaborative style, with an ability to build consensus among both internal and external stakeholders
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Mike Raletz at (+1) 267-428-7770 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.