XPG03F – Call Center Supervisor (Non-Clinical) - AbbVieBrief Description
Patients are at the center of AbbVie’s business strategies. The Non-Clinical Supervisor is responsible for: the day-to-day operations of a team of associates in a call center and monitors productivity and performance standards. Plans and directs workflow and project assignments. Oversees call volume to ensure service standards are met. Conducts hiring, training, and evaluation of staff. Responsible for team’s adherence to corporate attendance and employment policies. Works with the Call Center Manager to develop policies, procedures and the business work plan for the team. Recognizes and recommends operational improvements. Supervises the daily activities of business support, technical support or production team at entry level and/or at non-exempt levels using established policies and procedures. Coordinates work with other supervisors. Work is reviewed for overall quality and efficiency. Ensures that daily tasks are completed on schedule following established procedures and schedules. Failure to achieve results might cause delays in work output.Specific job duties:
Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the program by:
- Manage team of call center associates to promote a working team environment and ensure best practices are shared.
- Works to develop employee’s skills, evaluates performance and provides feedback.
- Oversees resolution of employee relations issues and performance standards, productivity and service standards.
- Conducts hiring, training, and evaluation of staff.
- Provide on-going coaching to each Customer Service Associate (CSA) on their team concerning quality, reliability, accountability and productivity.
- Ensure service levels and performance guarantees are met.
- Work with Call Center Manager to implement strategic business work plan goals.
- Tracks and periodically reports progress to management.
- Assist in development of Call Center programs and process improvements to enhance the level of internal and external customer service provided.
- Serve as a point of escalation for calls requiring a higher degree of expertise or discretion to resolve customer issues and ensure timely resolution.
- Backup platform team.
- May take overflow calls.
- Special projects as assigned.
12 – 20 Direct ReportsDesired Skills and Qualifications:
- BS/BA degree or 6 – 8 years of relevant business experience
- Up to 2 years of experience in a customer service setting; prefer one year experience UBC call center; previous supervisory experience helpful
- General PC knowledge including MS Office, Internet and email
- Excellent phone oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills including ability to effectively develop and assist team members, experience training and coaching less experienced staff with the patience to explain details and processes repeatedly
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions
- Knowledge of UBC call center systems and platforms, UBC products/services very helpful; PBM and/or Managed Care industry preferred
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic working environment and make independent decisions
- Demonstrated ability to handle challenging customers in a professional manner
UBC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. We are committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture that fosters respect for each other, our clients, and our patientsABOUT UBC
United BioSource Corporation (UBC) is a leading provider of pharmaceutical support services, partnering with life science companies to make medicine and medical products safer and more accessible. Our services support the full lifecycle of medicine and medical products, including development, commercialization, and long-term value and safety.
While UBC offers employment within Patient Support, Nursing, Pharmacy and Corporate, two main focus areas for the company are Clinical Development & Research and Safety & Risk Management. Members of the Clinical Development and Research teams help evaluate study protocol, target study population, recruit physicians and patients, and collect, clean, validate and report data. As a result, sponsors are able to submit findings to regulatory authorities or make a no-go decision in a timely and clear-cut manner. Additionally, our Safety and Risk Management teams develop, deliver, and report evidence to reinforce safe and appropriate product use.
Through our Patient Access services, we help patients begin therapy quickly and remain on therapy, building strong relationships with patients to ensure optimal care.
You can find out more by visitingwww.ubc.com