Senior Project Manager
Remote in the United States or Canada
Therapeutic Experience Required - CNS/Neuroscience, GenMed/Rare Disease, Oncology
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) will manage one or more allocated Phase I through IV Clinical Trials that may be local, regional or global in scope. Successful candidates should have experience within CNS/Neurology, General Medicine/Rare Disease and/or Oncology project management at a CRO is required. Who we are
We’re a global, midsize CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates, and invents because the path to a cure for the world’s most persistent diseases is not paved by those who play it safe. It is built by those who take pioneering, creative approaches and implement them with quality and excellence. What Project Management does at Worldwide
Worldwide Clinical Trials Project management is the perfect blend of operational rigor and therapeutic expertise, with a client-focused approach. Our Global Project Leads (GPLs) and Clinical Project Managers (CPMs) expertly guide our project teams to deliver with high quality, focusing on “doing it right the first time”.
The Project Management team is engaged in all aspects of the trial collaborating with scientific and therapeutic leadership, coordinating across project teams, and providing flexible, innovative and proactive solutions. At Worldwide, you will be dedicated to a specific therapeutic area which will not only give you an opportunity to develop in depth global operational expertise, but also benefit from exceptional scientific and medical background that our experts bring What you will do
- Senior Project Manager (SPM) is responsible for the overall coordination and management of clinical trials from start-up through closeout activities.
- Directs the technical, financial and operational aspects of the projects -- thus securing the successful completion of clinical trials.
- Works with major functional area leads to identify and evaluate fundamental issues on the project, interpret data on complex issues, make good business decisions and ensure solutions are implemented.
- Works to ensure that all project deliverables meet the customer’s time/quality/cost expectations
- The SPM, with support from the Project Management Directors, working in collaboration with other functional area leads, is accountable for ensuring that all project deliverables meet the customer/contract expectations.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
What you will bring to the role
- Lead core project team and facilitate their ability to lead extended/complete project team
- Lead cross-unit coordination both internal and external, inclusive of sub-contractors
- Define and manage project resource needs and establish contingency plans for key resources
- Ensure successful design, implementation, tracking and revision of project plans for assigned projects
- Promote effective teamwork among project team members Resolve conflicts as needed
- Ensure appropriate communication on project-related matters with the PM Management
- Meet financial performance targets for the assigned clinical projects
- Ensure project deliverables are met according to both Worldwide and client expectations
- Initiate improvements to enhance the efficiency and the quality of the work performed on assigned projects
- Act as key client contact for assigned projects
- Establish excellent working relationships with client project teams and vendors to ensure client satisfaction and operational excellence.
- Ensure that all staff allocated to assigned projects adheres to professional standards and SOPs established for clinical research.
- Manage all aspects of designated projects
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Ability to manage projects in a multi-office environment
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills in English,
- Superior planning and organizational skills with attention to details
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, CTMS and EDC Systems
- 7+ years' Clinical Project Management experience required within a CRO setting is preferred
- University/College degree, within Life Science is preferred
- Thorough knowledge of project management processes with a s olid understanding of how to craft and manage a project budge
- Can demonstrate experience of successfully managing and/or leading multidisciplinary project teams
- Ability to travel when needed
At Worldwide, we balance fun with the serious business of changing lives. We have a values-driven culture that is built from the ground up. We empower our team members to treat every clinical trial like a patient’s life depends on it - because it does. Our leaders are in the trenches with you - committed to advancing science and moving mountains for our customers.