If you find science, speed, and success exhilarating, you have come to the right place.
Novavax, Inc (Nasdaq:NVAX) is a biotechnology company that creates transformational vaccines that address some of the world’s most pressing infectious diseases.We have more than a decade of experience contending with some of the world’s most devastating diseases, including COVID-19, seasonal influenza, RSV, Ebola, MERS, and SARS. Hard-won lessons and significant advances illustrate that our proven technology has tremendous potential to make a substantial contribution to public health worldwide.
Our scientists are committed to developing vaccine candidates for some of the world’s toughest viral threats by utilizing the power of our innovative recombinant nanoparticle vaccine platform. Our vaccine technology combines the power and speed of genetic engineering with the immunogenicity enhancing properties of our Matrix-M™ adjuvant to efficiently produce highly immunogenic particles targeting some of the most pressing viral infectious diseases. Summary of the Position :
This role is a strategic leadership position within the Italy as Market Access Director and National Account that will oversee and be accountable for Italian regions market access strategies for the Novavax vaccine pipeline and will report to the Country Director. This role provides strategic market access leadership, expertly representing Italian market within other global strategic teams, building strong relationships and effective collaboration. In doing so, this role will help to shape key strategic decisions, such as but not limited to tendering and retail purchase strategies, to ensure that strategic plans fully meet the needs of market access in Italy. This role will lead a group of Vaccine Account Managers across Italy managing customers at regional level. Ideally this person will have market access and vaccines experience and a strong working knowledge of regional tenders, this role will be based in Italy. Responsibilities include but are not limited to :
Minimum Requirements :
- Be responsible for the strategic planning and implementation of the payer value generation and tender and/or direct purchase strategies, working in collaboration with commercial operations, future marketing, government/policy and medical affairs experts dependent on solution to create holistic strategies.
- Map external payer and funder environment and communicate to internal stakeholders and senior management relevant information regarding the current and future reimbursement & NIP inclusion landscape in Italy.
- Responsible for evaluating threats and opportunities in key regions rising out of legislation, policies and regulation from WHO, MOH/government and/or payers as well as competitive market access moves that can impact access of Novavax' products and pipeline and proactively develop strategies and plans to address the evolving reimbursement environment.
- Deliver evidence planning to expand recommendations to adjacent patient segments.
- Guide VAM team to ensure decisions to generate recommendations to support regional adoption.
- Be responsible for integrating pricing, payer research, health economic and epidemiology information to develop the optimal value strategy.
- Support Areas/Affiliates in addressing market access, price and reimbursement challenges.
- Take budgetary responsibility for defining and managing the market access discretionary budgets, ensuring that spending is managed effectively throughout the year and to plan.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 6 years of professional experience in the pharmaceutical industry with a focus in Sales, access, people management. Payer Access is required.
- Experience also working in the vaccine industry is highly preferred.
- Understanding and/or experience of the reimbursement environment for vaccines and regional procurement processes
- Demonstrated leadership ability to successfully work across functional boundaries, is required.
- Deep appreciation of science and ability to translate scientific information into strategy is required.
- An ability to manage multiple demands and priorities on time, influence without authority, gain alignment and drive decision making is required.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills with a strong track record of producing results in a matrix-based environment are required.
- Strong business acumen with ability to think strategically is required.
Every day our employees impact the future of health by preventing disease. To recognize their contributions, we offer them performance-based pay; a flexible, welcoming work environment; comprehensive and competitive benefits.
Novavax is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland. Novavax is traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol NVAX and is dedicated to developing novel vaccines to address infectious disease.
Novavax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals regardless of their race, colour, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other protected characteristic.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)