Do you have a Chemistry or Biochemistry degree?
Have you got experience using Chromatography?
Are you looking for a role that will offer you continuous training and tailor made career development within a scientific environment?
At Labcorp Drug Development, we are working together to build a healthier and safer world, we exist to help our customers secure the potential of their research and develop products that enhance and enrich life.
We are looking for a Trainee Laboratory Analyst on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract to undertake analysis of formulation and inhalation samples at our site in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire.
As a Laboratory Analyst at Labcorp Drug Development your main responsibilities will be:
- Develop or improve existing analytical methodology under the guidance of senior Dose Formulation Analysis personnel.
- Develop a working knowledge of all Formulation & Inhalation Analysis analytical techniques and instrumentation.
- Undertake method validation, analyse samples for Formulation & Inhalation Analysis studies and prepare formal analytical methods.
- Regularly update Dose Formulation Analysis study management and the Study Director on the status of assigned studies.
- Prepare draft reports for assigned studies.
- Develop an understanding of the duties and role of a Study Director
- Assist in the training of new staff in analytical techniques and instrumentation.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of UK and international Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) regulations and their application to the work area.
- Maintain an in depth knowledge and understanding of all Company and Department SOP's relevant to the work area.
We Offer You:
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health cover and contributory pension.
- Our ongoing success offers team members unsurpassed growth and career development opportunities.
- We will support your professional development every step of the way!
- BSc (Hons) in Biochemistry or Chemistry.
- Experience may be substituted for education.
- Familiar with the use of standard laboratory equipment.
- Basic knowledge of computers and software programs.
- GLP experience or knowledge.
- Some technical experience in chromatographic techniques eg. HPLC would be useful.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .