At ICON, it’s our people that set us apart. Our diverse teams enable us to become a better partner to our customers and help us to fulfil our mission to advance and improve patients’ lives.
Our ‘Own It’ culture is driven by four key values that bring us together as individuals and set us apart as an organisation: Accountability & Delivery, Collaboration, Partnership and Integrity. We want to be the Clinical Research Organisation that delivers excellence to our clients and to patients at every touch-point. In short, to be the partner of choice in drug development.
That’s our vision. We’re driven by it. And we need talented people who share it.
If you’re as driven as we are, join us. You’ll be working in a dynamic and supportive environment, with some of the brightest and the friendliest people in the sector, and you’ll be helping shape an industry.
As Senior Project Manager, you will play a key role within ICON Central Labs by ensuring overall client happiness. You will be our client’s main contact for ICON's Central Laboratories’ services and providing day-to-day management of studies. As a trusted partner, you will attend client meetings to provide project updates. You will also be actively involved in training and mentoring junior members of the team.
• Acts as our clients contact person in all matters regarding our central laboratory services, following up and responding to clinical study specific inquiries from Sponsors, Physicians, CRA and CRO representatives and the ICON Site Services Department.
• Review newly assigned protocols and Amendments. Oversee and handle the completion of the Clinical Laboratory Worksheet.
• Enter protocol parameter information into PACS//ICOLIMS and other systems for new and/or amended protocols. Preparing QC materials.
• Ensure that proper guidelines for communication are set at study start-up and maintained throughout a study by crafting and updating the study specific Communication and Escalation Plan. Ensure adherence to the protocol specific monitoring plan. Maintaining study files and ensuring that all appropriate documents are properly maintained. Ensure that all necessary documents are archived at study closure.
• Provide Sponsors with study management reports.
• Dedicatedly monitor study budget.
• Set the timelines for and monitor the progress of shipment requests for storage samples and verify data.
• Attend and represent ICON at Sponsor Investigator Meetings, Kick-Off Meeting, Bid Defences or Initiations.
• Develop new tools, train new employees
• Performs additional relevant responsibilities as requested by management.
What you need
• 3-5 years’ work experience within a central laboratory environment OR extensive clinical laboratory experience.
• Have a Degree in a Life Sciences or related discipline.
• Customer focussed with the ability to build excellent rapport with business partners.
• Excellent knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
• Comfortable with presenting to groups.
• Experience in attending Bid Defences.
• Super organised and remains calm in taking care of multiple priorities and working to tight deadlines.
• Passionate about developing a career within Project Management.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the quality of our people. That’s why we’ve made it a priority to build a culture that rewards high performance and nurtures talent.
We offer very competitive salary packages. And to keep them competitive, we regularly benchmark them against our competitors. Our annual bonuses reflect delivery of performance goals - both ours and yours.
We also provide a range of health-related benefits to employees and their families and offer competitive retirement plans - and related benefits such as life assurance - so you can save and plan with confidence for the years ahead.
But beyond the competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, you’ll benefit from an environment where you are encouraged to fulfil your sense of purpose and drive lasting change.
ICON is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.