Who we are
We’re a global, midsize CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents because the path to a cure for the world’s most persistent diseases is not paved by those who play it safe. It is built by those who take pioneering, creative approaches and implement them with quality and excellence.
We are Worldwide Clinical Trials, and we are a global team of over 3,000 experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs - in the best possible way.
Our mission is to work with passion and purpose every day to improve lives and we are looking for others who value this same pursuit. What Global Programming does at Worldwide
The Worldwide team is an experienced and diverse group of Programmers who collaborate together as one, both via regularly scheduled group meetings to discuss issues, and impromptu one-on-one discussions between colleagues to discuss a particular topic. In this role the Team Leader, Statistical Programming
manages a statistical programming team, provides leadership of technical standards within the programming function, and leads continuous improvement in the programming function’s operating systems. If you are an experienced Principal Statistical Programmers who has strong mentoring experience, and you are keen to progress into a Line Management role then this is a great opportunity for you. What you will do
What you will bring to the role
- Manage the programming resource for a designated set of projects, involving the planning and allocation of project work, raising and helping resolve resource issues for the statistical programming function.
- Proactively manage and develop the performance of statistical programmers through performance management, resource review and planning, capability, disciplinary, training & development to meet the needs of the business. Provide consultancy, mentoring and guidance to Programmers and Statisticians on programming and associated software support.
- Perform the lead programming role, responsible for planning and delivery of all study programming activities including programs for edit checks, derived datasets, CDISC (SDTM and ADaM) datasets, tables, figures and listings and program validation. Liaise with internal departments, sponsors and other third parties to ensure all delivery requirements fulfil client needs.
- Manage identifying system and process improvements, and to develop and implement solutions to improve the efficiency and quality of clinical study data processing and reporting.
- The job holder should have well developed consultancy and facilitation skills together with key competencies in customer focus, delivering on commitments, building strong relationships, communicating and influencing, embracing innovation and change, building capability and participative leadership.
- The job holder must be computer literate and numerate with a proven ability to adapt to various computer systems
- The job holder must have excellent mentoring skills.
- Educated to degree level.
- The jobholder has advanced SAS programming skills with expert knowledge in SAS/Macro, Proc Tabulate, Proc Report and ODS. Good working knowledge in SAS/Graph, Proc SQL.
- Strength of knowledge across a range of data management (e.g. data validation, audit trails, laboratory data transfer and coding dictionaries, electronic data capture) and statistical (e.g. data restructuring, data summary, analysis and reporting) applications.
- Experienced in guiding/mentoring other programmers
At Worldwide, we balance fun with the serious business of changing lives. We have a values-driven culture that is built from the ground up. We empower our team members to treat every clinical trial like a patient’s life depends on it - because it does. Our leaders are in the trenches with you - committed to advancing science and moving mountains for our customers.
Interested in hearing more about Worldwide or our roles? Check out our careers page at www.worldwide.com/careers !