I am partnered with a large global pharmaceutical company, who are an innovative organisation that pursue making a difference to the lives of patients in a range of therapeutic areas worldwide.
They are looking to bring in a Medical Director for the Netherlands, to work across all of their portfolios, with a key strategic focus being on products that are working towards future launches. The Medical Director will provide strategic Medical Affairs Leadership overseeing all Dutch Market Access activities / deliverables for the portfolios, including being the medical lead for the approval process and leading regulatory submissions.
There is a need to directly lead a team (7-9 people) of Medical Affairs professionals as well as cross-functional teams (regulatory and pharmacovigilance), and play an integral role in the launch of products, along with the opportunity to lead on multiple future launches in a strategically focused position.
If you are a Senior Medical Affairs leader looking to expand your career in a Director-level position, then read on...
Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Manage Medical Advisors, Medical Information, field-based MSLs, Quality Assurance, Regulatory and PV professionals
- Be external medical leader and face of the company with authorities, patient organisations and external opinion leaders
- Interact with external KOLs in relation to country, regional and global activities
- Medical input, oversight & execution of data generation activities
- Assess, design, and lead data generation activities
- Develop relevant data generation activities to support objectives & strategy
- Oversee execution by local medical team and where appropriate provide hands on, direct support in execution of Medical education, ad-boards, KOL mapping and engagements
- Review promotional and relevant non-promotional materials and activities in the appropriate systems/tools and in compliance with SOPs, rules and regulations
- Provide clinical expert opinions and where appropriate training on products and therapies for internal and external customers
- Create and implement strategic and operational plans, in line with global and regional strategy, enabling achievement of Global Medical Affairs
- Ensure successful execution of the Medical Affairs strategy and plan in line and consultation with the responsible cross-functional teams
- Compliance with GCP, SOP’s, guidelines and regulatory requirements within the country
- Medical Doctor (MD, MBBS) or PhD if extensive experience in medical affairs
- 7+ years of experience in medical affairs, working on exciting new product launches
- Fluency in Dutch
- Experience of working in a leadership capacity with direct line management for 3-4 years
- Experience in Dutch regulatory submissions, with strong expertise of the Dutch market
- Proven ability to influence, challenge and engage wide range of senior stakeholders across the Netherlands
- Competitive salary package including bonus and other benefits
- Clear progression pathway into the global team, commercial business and medical affairs business locally and regionally
- Customised Development plan based on your role and aspirations
- Green mobility package (cash if you cycle)
- Hybrid working model (3 days per week on-site)
Following your application Mollie Laurens-Chalmers, a specialist Pharmaceutical recruiter, will discuss the opportunity with you in detail. She will be more than happy to answer any questions relating to the position and company, plus put a focus on career growth. The conversation can also progress further to discussing other opportunities, which are also available right now or will be imminently becoming available on the Executive Search or Medical Team here at Barrington James.
This position has been highly popular, and it is likely that it will close prematurely. We recommend applying as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please click ‘apply’ or contact Mollie Laurens-Chalmers for any further information
Medical Recruitment Resourcer
Email: MLChalmers (at) barringtonjames.com
Call +44 1293776644