Job Advert Posting
At ICON, it’s our people that set us apart. Our diverse teams enable us to become a better partner to our customers and help us to fulfil our mission to advance and improve patients’ lives.
Our ‘Own It’ culture is driven by four key values that bring us together as individuals and set us apart as an organisation: Accountability & Delivery, Collaboration, Partnership and Integrity. We want to be the Clinical Research Organisation that delivers excellence to our clients and to patients at every touch-point. In short, to be the partner of choice in drug development.
That’s our vision. We’re driven by it. And we need talented people who share it.
If you’re as driven as we are, join us. You’ll be working in a dynamic and supportive environment, with some of the brightest and the friendliest people in the sector, and you’ll be helping shape an industry.
ICON Plc has an excellent opportunity for a qualified accounting professional which will involve working on a broad range of domestic and cross border accounting issues across all of ICON’s business.
You will join a professional and expert finance team focused on making an impact globally and supporting ICON’s mission - to help its clients accelerate the development of drugs and medical devices that save patient lives and improve their quality of life.
• Responsible for delivering full monthly management accounts spanning a portfolio of European countries consistent with US GAAP to strict deadlines.
• Handle full Trial Balance and maintain monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations.
• Lead, develop and strengthen the financial reporting team. This includes people management, performance management, training & development
• Developing solid relationships with various non finance teams located in regional offices whereby finance support the business and contribute to the decision process
• Build and maintain a strong customer centric culture within the team.
• Full responsibility for ensuring entities are follows local legislative requirements, i.e., Financial Documents, tax returns, etc.
• Liaising with local financial/taxation advisors as required.
• Continuous review of the regional legislative environment to ensure the financial/tax aspects is in order and assist non finance teams in their compliance requirements.
• Ensuring processes are SOX compliant.
• Assisting the EU Finance Director with ad-hoc project work.
You will need:
• Be a fully qualified member of an internationally recognized accounting body (ACA, CIMA, ACCA).
• At least 5 years relevant PQE gained in an international environment (or qualified by relevant experience) in management accounting, tax and operational support of a business.
• Exposure to shared service / centralized offshore financial reporting environment.
• Experience of leading a team and delivering results.
• Ability to build positive relationships with non-finance departments
• Ability to lead on own initiative, handle tasks/assignments and tackling problems.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Outstanding teammate.
• Oracle experience & advanced excel an advantage.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the quality of our people. That’s why we’ve made it a priority to build a culture that rewards high performance and nurtures talent.
We offer very competitive salary packages. And to keep them competitive, we regularly benchmark them against our competitors. Our annual bonuses reflect delivery of performance goals - both ours and yours.
We also provide a range of health-related benefits to employees and their families and offer competitive retirement plans - and related benefits such as life assurance - so you can save and plan with confidence for the years ahead.
But beyond the competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, you’ll benefit from an environment where you are encouraged to fulfil your sense of purpose and drive lasting change.
ICON is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.