Who we are
Worldwide Clinical Trials is a global, midsize CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates, and invents because the path to a cure for the world’s most persistent diseases is not paved by those who play it safe. It is built by those who take pioneering, creative approaches and implement them with quality and excellence.
Large Molecule Bioanalysis is an integrated function with responsibilities of assay development, assay validation, and sample analysis for supporting both preclinical and clinical studies. We collaborate with EP and LP clinical units, utilize deep science, and apply state-of-the-art platforms/technologies to offer high quality one package scientific service. What you will do SUMMARY
: We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated biomarker assay expert to join the Bioanalytical Team in Austin TX. The successful candidate will lead team develop and qualify biomarker assays as well as analyze preclinical and clinical samples. As needed, this individual provides mentoring and oversight to the Scientific Support staff of the team.
What you will bring to the role
- Manage biomarker assay team performing method development, qualification, and sample testing.
- Develop, optimize, and troubleshoot biomarker assays using various platforms.
- Lead a team to design biomarker assay for various indications (e.g., Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis...)
- Prepare or provide scientific review of bioanalytical data and methods, protocols, and reports
- Work closely with functional leads to ensure that methods are effectively implemented and coordinate/complete method set-ups to ensure timelines are met
- Understand and apply GLP guidelines in all aspects of work and ensure staff compliance with SOP’s, safety, and other guidelines.
- Manage, monitor, and support employees regarding performance, training, and goals
- Interface with clients, when necessary, and participate in sponsor audits.
- Strong scientific and compliance support to biomarker programs
- Ability to direct and train others in laboratory skills and project specific tasks related to their assigned studies.
- Must be able to work well with a variety of laboratory personnel and leadership.
- Excellent attention to detail, strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated experiences and capabilities in developing and qualifying biomarker assays
- GLP experience is a must
- Previous CRO experience is a plus