Are you looking for an opportunity in Clinical Research? Do you want to work for an industry leading company that offers you an excellent benefits package and supports career progression whilst giving you the option of working flexibly? If so, come and join us - IQVIA are looking for a Clinical Research Assistant.
This role, with an immediate start for 6 months in part-time (one day per week) is to support the site in Helsingborg in conducting a clinical trial in the field of mental health.
As a pivotal member of the site team, you will be involved with a variety of administrative tasks to support investigators and ensure the smooth running of clinical trials and assist with collecting patient data.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Support clinical research studies and maintain a safe study environment according to health and safety policies under the direction and delegation of the Principal Investigator
- Safeguard the well-being of subjects, act as a volunteer advocate, and address subject’s concerns
- Maintain up-to-date study protocols, case report forms (CRFs), Electronic Data Capture (EDC) systems, and other study documents
- Plan and coordinate logistical activity for study procedures according to the study protocol
- Perform clinical set-up and preparation for the study including labeling specimen collection tubes and containers, inventory of required supplies, and setting up or troubleshooting equipment and/or study issues
- Assist with data entry, data quality checking, and query resolution to ensure adherence to study protocol and quality control for content accuracy and completeness
- Assist in study enrollment by recruiting, screening, and orienting volunteers according to the study protocol
- Correct custody of study drug according to site standard operating procedures
- Coordinate with study monitor on study issues and effectively respond to monitor-initiated questions.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- BS/BA in life sciences or educational equivalent and/or relevant work experience in a clinical environment or medical setting, e.g. clinical research coordinator, nurse, medical assistant, other medical profession
- Basic knowledge of clinical trials, combined with in-depth knowledge of departmental, protocol and study-specific operating procedures, consent forms, and study schedules
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience in the field of respiratory disease would be a plus
- Strong IT competence, skilled in using MS Windows and Office applications such as Access, Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and client
- Good organizational skills with the ability to pay close attention to detail.