At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture.
Success of Fragment Based Screening (FBS) campaigns often depends on the availability of protein ligand co-structure information. We are looking for a talented and highly motivated Postdoctoral Scientist in the field of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) spectroscopy to be a part of our Structural Research team in the Department of Medicinal Chemistry.
As an NMR specialist in the Medicinal Chemistry Department, you will support multidisciplinary teams with structural information on protein-ligand complexes, as well as NMR-based screening data.
We are looking for someone who wants to push the boundaries of applying NMR to drug discovery in our state-of-the-art facilities. Agility, accountability and intrapreneurship comprise the skills and mindset of a scientist we would like to welcome in our team. This position is limited for two years. Note: To make it easier to find our job advertisements, we use the usual designation "Post Doc". Of course, this advertisement is not only addressed to applicants directly after completing their doctorate, but to all qualified candidates.
Discover our Biberach site: xplorebiberach.com
Tasks & responsibilities
- In your new role, you will explore and implement Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) experiments and technologies to develop an infrastructure capable of fast and robust NMR protein and protein ligand co-structure determination.
- Together with computational chemists you will deliver experimental restraints for fragment pose prediction.
- In addition, you will conduct protein and ligand-based NMR screens and provide validated hits to project teams.
- You provide practical support in the maintenance of the NMR and lab equipment infrastructure.
- The collaboration with protein scientists to provide labeled proteins rounds off your profile.
- Ph.D. degree in Biochemistry, Structural Biology, or Biophysics or a related area with a strong background in Protein NMR spectroscopy
- Thorough understanding of NMR structure determination and interest in the investigation and comparison of different NMR methods as well as in the development of an optimized infrastructure
- Experience in cloning and expressing labeled protein targets including selective labeling
- Successful track record of scientific publications
- Team player with strong interpersonal-, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent written and spoken English, a good command of German is a plus
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
This is where you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.
We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth. We also offer a competitive salary, generous amount of vacation time, and numerous benefits towards your wellness & financial health and work-life balance. Plus, an onsite gym (Ingelheim), in-house doctor and best-in-class cafeterias and coffee bars to keep you energized and healthy. To learn more about what benefits could be waiting for you, please visit our Career area.
Want to learn more about us? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com/
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
READY TO CONTACT US?
Please contact our Recruiting EMEA Team, Tel: +49 (0) 6132 77-173173
Not exactly the position you are looking for but have someone else in mind? Share it via the button on the bottom of the page with friends or colleagues who might be interested.