The RWE Biostatistician Senior Manager will serve as the statistician on observational studies in support of the client and broader study team. This individual is primarily responsible for designing and conducting analyses of primary and secondary data for formulating real-world evidence (RWE), with specific responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Informing the statistical section of the study protocol
- Preparing the statistical analysis plan
- Overseeing SAS programming in the implementation of planned analyses
- Programming and validating SAS code
- Drafting the results of the study report and supporting publications
This individual is generally a key point of contact for the client regarding the statistical aspects of the study.
General responsibilities include:
- Understand Client Requirements: Participates in defining how the assignment will be performed and the deliverables that will be presented by the company to the client.
- Prepare Statistical Methods of Proposals: Reviews and revises draft proposals that respond to client requirements following standard formats used.
- Supervise Data Collection and Analysis: Evaluates data using quantitative methods as necessary to allow appropriate inferences and conclusions to be drawn.
- Review Analysis: Reviews quantitative analysis, programming, or data management activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and consistency with goals and objectives of the study.
- Review Summaries: Reviews and advises on analyses of key points, patterns, and trends found in data.
- Develop Findings and Recommendations: Assists in using information and data to prepare specific findings and recommendations, which are appropriate to client requirements.
- Interface with Internal Project Management and Client: Meets with client to review SAP, describe data sources, explain patterns observed in data, and indicate how findings and recommendations were developed.
- Prepare and Present Deliverables: Prepares written memos, correspondence, and reports; conducts in-person presentations for clients.
- Assess Project Financials: Continuously assesses scope creep, out of scope activities, and budget deviations and keeps more senior team members informed.
- Evaluate Engagement: Participates in the evaluation of client engagements to review the original work plan, budget, consultant contributions, client responses, and the potential for future work.
- Generate Repeat Business: Establishes business relationship with clients that results in repeat business for the Company.
- Contribute to Process: Continuously evaluate processes and areas for improvement, recommending new process for the ongoing development of consulting processes to ensure processes are continuously improved.
- Train and Mentor Staff: Act as a mentor to less experienced staff, orienting them on company policies and career development objectives.
- Supports Others Areas: Supports other functions of the company as needed.
The RWE Biostatistician Senior Manager typically holds a doctoral degree in biostatistics or other relevant discipline from an outstanding program at a distinguished university.
The individual must possess the following skills:
- Strong communication, organization, and analytical skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in various software programs, including Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint preferred.
- Works effectively in a team environment.
- Collaborates and works with peers to accomplish tasks assigned.
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Creative problem solving skills and a proactive, solution-oriented approach.
- Positive attitude.
The RWE Biostatistician Senior Manager is expected to travel occasionally to meet with clients and must be able to work on evenings and weekends occasionally to meet study timelines.
The RWE Biostatistician Senior Manager typically has 5 or more years of successful relevant observational study research experience at a CRO or in a similar environment interacting with clients. SAS programming experience is required. Experience with real-world data (eg, MarketScan or CPRD) and/or solid understanding of CDISC requirements are a plus.Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .