My client is seeking an experienced Biosafety Supervisor for their Biologics Division located in Ballina, Co. Mayo, Ireland.
Role & Responsibilities
- Oversee the quality of work produced by the Biosafety team and ensure it is conducted in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and the principles of GMP.
- To implement and supervise safe working methods within the team and to inform and instruct staff of these.
- Comply with all Health and Safety regulations and procedures.
- Develop, co-ordinate and implement training for staff on technical aspects of new and existing assays.
- Responsible for providing feedback on performance to analysts working on client specific projects.
- Be involved in preparing costings and proposals based on protocols/project plan of proposed work by clients.
- Assist in the transfer of assays from clients to the Biosafety & CBA Department where appropriate.
- Participate in regulatory and client audits and liaising with clients as required.
- Assist in the generation of appropriate SOPs.
- Assist Project Leaders in research technical information for incoming new enquiries.
- Responsible for compiling audit responses in conjunction with the team and the Biosafety & CBA Manager.
- Responsible for supporting staff with deviations and laboratory investigation reports.
- Raw data review. Responsible for ensuring all raw data and test results including protocols, reports etc are retained and archived according to the laboratories SOP’s.
- Responsible for preparing ‘Presentations’ and the delivery of same to the Biosafety & CBA
- Department team and to Clients as required.
- Assist in Test Item Receipt (LIMS), Storage, Disposal and Decontamination.
- Liaise with consultants and external services (e.g. subcontract laboratories) as appropriate.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure that the laboratory areas and all equipment maintained in appropriate working conditions.
- Responsible for purchasing new equipment and spare/replacement parts as required.
- Responsible for maintaining stock of supplies (chemicals, consumables) needed for routine activities within the team.
- Scheduling daily tasks to analyst, ensuring appropriate workload is not exceeded.
Education & Skill Requirements
- BSc. In a relevant science discipline (e.g. Biology, Biochemistry or Biotechnology)
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in Scientific Research preferably within a GMP regulated environment (EMEA/FDA) within the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, CRO Industry.
- Proven track record of supervising/managing staff.
- Experience in cell culture/aseptic technique and virus methods (e.g. Cell passaging, freezing, thawing, viral infections and titrations) essential.
- Ability to problem solve and work on own initiative.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
For a full Job Spec and to apply for this role please call Katie on +353 1 895 5770 or e-mail email@example.com
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. www.thornshaw.com Tel: +353 1 2784671