If you find science, speed, and success exhilarating, you have come to the right place.
Novavax, Inc.(Nasdaq: NVAX) is a biotechnology company that promotes improved health globally through the discovery, development, and commercialization of innovative vaccines to prevent serious infectious diseases. Novavaxis currently conducting multiple late-stage clinical trials for NVX-CoV2373, our vaccine candidate against the virus that causes COVID-19, and has recently reported exciting and highly encouraging initial efficacy results. NanoFlu™, our quadrivalent influenza nanoparticle vaccine, met all primary objectives in its pivotal Phase 3 clinical trial in older adults. Both candidate vaccines incorporate Novavax’ proprietary saponin-based Matrix-M™ adjuvant to enhance the immune response and stimulate high levels of neutralizing antibodies.Novavaxis a leading innovator of recombinant vaccines. Our proprietary technology platform leverages the power and speed of genetic engineering to efficiently produce highly immunogenic nanoparticles in order to address urgent global health needs.
Novavax, Inc. is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Uppsala, Sweden and Bohumil, Czech Republic. Summary of the Position :
We are seeking a Social Media Manager, Thought Leadership to be responsible for the executive and thought leader social media strategy for the Novavax corporate brand. Responsibilities include but are not limited to :
- Working with executives and thought leaders at Novavax, their executive assistants, and agency partners to develop an overall thought leadership strategy and editorial calendar that supports Novavax goals and is authentic to each thought leader’s role and voice
- Daily monitoring of Novavax executive and thought leader social media channels, leveraging tools such as Khoros, Brandwatch and custom insights dashboards to make strategic, data-driven content decisions and ensure adverse events are reported appropriately
- Identify when/where thought leadership content from personal pages should be shared or cross posted on corporate channels
- Manage the approval process for content
- Working with external communications colleagues on breaking news and which thought leaders should share or respond. In addition to highlighting executive participation in events and conferences.
- Working with investor relations colleagues to surface and address concerns of social media investor audience, where appropriate
- Developing reports on thought leadership content performance and advising leadership on content strategies
- Working in partnership with our community management lead to develop content that addresses our thought leader audience’s most frequently asked questions
- Monitor owned and earned thought leader social media posts for any opportunities or issues, including identifying and escalating any opportunities to surprise and delight
- 5+ years digital and/or social media experience, including content creation for a brand or executive social media management or speechwriting experience with an understanding of how to convey messages on social media channels
- Working and current understanding digital and social media channels and communities, especially LinkedIn thought leadership
- Proficiency in social media management tools, such as Khoros
- Writing for social media, with an eye towards conveying the tone of each individual leader
- Aptitude for project management and organization to ensure multiple projects are delivered on deadline and loops are closed
- Ability to work across teams and manage across multiple departments and vendors
- Consistent and enthusiastic student of social and digital trends to constantly stay on top of trends, best practices, and new tools
- Experience in pharmaceuticals/healthcare or other highly regulated industry is desired, but not required for this role
Novavax offers a base salary, annual bonus, equity grants, professional career development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Novavax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals on an at-will basis, regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Except where prohibited by applicable state law, this position requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you need a reasonable accommodation or qualify for an exemption.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)