Investigator Pricing AnalystLocation: Europe (Homebased)
ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organization. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organizations.
With our patients at the center of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
At Accellacare, it's our people that set us apart.
As a global network of investigator sites and provider of drug development solutions, our work is serious business. But that doesn't mean you can't have fun while you do it. With our vision to be the partner of choice in drug development, we hire only the best and brightest in the industry - are you one of them?
At Accellacare, we have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced budget negotiator based in the US, to join our global team. This role of Investigator Pricing Analyst is a full time role reporting into Senior Manager, Budgets, office based or home-based in the United States, and involves preparing and negotiating both global and US budgets.
To develop, interpret and define investigator site budget assumptions based on clinical trial protocols for internal and external clients.
- Recognize, exemplify and adhere to ICON's values which are based on our commitment to People, Clients and Performance.
- As a member of staff, the employee is expected to embrace and contribute to our culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes adding value to our business and meeting client needs.
- Travel (approximately 5%) domestic and/or international.
People - Leadership, Teamwork, Energising and Developing Others
- To positively contribute to the Budgets and Contracts team by seeking to improve their job performance and knowledge of investigator budget pricing strategies and ICON systems and processes
- Provide expert guidance to ICON colleagues and external clients regarding fair market value fees for research related procedures/non-procedures and general investigator site budget formatting
- To effectively build and maintain a productive working relationship with the Clinical teams and other department staff to effectively manage their needs and expectations in relation to investigator budget pricing.
Clients - Delivery to Customers, Building Relationships
- Translate clinical trial protocol required procedures to relevant Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) codes in order to appropriately apply fair market value costs
- Prepare communication materials/ payment data for internal/ external clients relating to investigator budget pricing /reporting as appropriate
- Conduct day-to-day activities in a service-oriented, client-oriented and professional manner
- Maintain positive strong working relationships with clients, vendors and staff
- To escalate pricing issues/delays appropriately
- To set up, organize and maintain investigator budget pricing and supporting documentation as appropriate.
- Work with line manager as required to quality check /review work completed and maintain standards of excellence
Performance - Personal Effectiveness, Commercial Awareness, Robust Thinking
- Oversee and be accountable for the quality of the investigator pricing budget generated for internal/external protocols assigned ensuring that it is conducted in an effective manner, meeting agreed timelines and expectations and in accordance with industry/ internal KPIs, WPS and SOPs, appropriate regulations and ICON’s quality standards.
- Develop investigator site budget estimates for each country per feasibility specifications according to available protocol information and fair market value costs
- Liaise with Business Development department to establish and provide required investigator fee estimates for inclusion in final RFP bid grid
- Liaise with internal/sponsor project lead to finalize budget formatting and costs per country, in the appropriate currencies
- Interpret final protocol, where available, to develop master budget templates.
- Provide ballpark estimations on projects where minimal information is available from the client based on experiential and historical data in similar projects
- Revise estimates as necessary in line with feedback and requests for RFP recosts
- Update estimates based on feedback from clinical experts internally or with the client and record this feedback appropriately
- Provide expert information and relevant documentation in relation to general pricing processes , fair market value costs, benchmark database systems (e.g. GrantPlan) and general investigator budget processes
- Attend project specific and general meetings as needed
- Liaise with ICON SSU during site agreement negotiations to assist with formatting/cost questions
Special projects/assignments as requested.
- Communicate with assigned project lead to establish realistic timelines that will allow sufficient time to ensure quality outputs in line with business expectations.
- Contribute to writing/updating PSG SOP’s/ WP’s as requested
- Conduct general and study specific training for Clinical staff assigned to the studies / presentations to Clinical teams and to other ICON departments where necessary.
- Liaise with all other departments such as Clinical, IPG, PTS, IT, Finance, legal and contracts to ensure pricing queries are speedily resolved and that the necessary preventative measures are put in place to prevent recurrence of similar issues.
- Accurately record and update all applicable logs and maintain all tracking tools as requested.
- Send meeting requests, book meeting rooms / teleconference facilities for meetings as required.
- Record, prepare and distribute meeting minutes as requested
- Be familiar with industry standards, appropriate regulations and relevant ICON processes and procedures
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives within the group and the wider organisation
- Meet all iLearn/training requirements appropriate to this position.
- Ensure ICON’s reputation for excellence is carried through and maintained throughout all processes and highlight areas for improvement as needed
To be successful, you will need:
- You must have finance or contract budget experience, ideally within the area of clinical research site contracts
- You must have confident negotiation skills
- Confident communicator and client experience
- Experience of protocol review would be considered highly desirable
- Bachelor's or equivalent degree in a health science or finance or appropriate alternative experience is desirable.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Strong writing ability and communication skills is required
- Ability to manage workload and varying deadlines is required
- Strong attention to detail necessary
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture - one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs.
In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career - both now, and into the future.ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.