At ICON, it’s our people that set us apart. Our diverse teams enable us to become a better partner to our customers and help us to fulfil our mission to advance and improve patients’ lives.
Our ‘Own It’ culture is driven by four key values that bring us together as individuals and set us apart as an organisation: Accountability & Delivery, Collaboration, Partnership and Integrity. We want to be the Clinical Research Organisation that delivers excellence to our clients and to patients at every touch-point. In short, to be the partner of choice in drug development.
That’s our vision. We’re driven by it. And we need talented people who share it.
If you’re as driven as we are, join us. You’ll be working in a dynamic and supportive environment, with some of the brightest and the friendliest people in the sector, and you’ll be helping shape an industry.
• Recognize, exemplify and adhere to ICON's values which are based on our commitment to People, Clients and Performance.
Contract/Change Order Development:
• Coordinate and develop contracts and change orders for newly awarded and on-going projects at ICON.
• Work simultaneously on numerous contracts and/or change orders. Ability to develop more complicated budgets.
• Lead discussion with ICON Legal, the Sales Team, and liaison with their respective Contracts Manager, as necessary, to determine the appropriate terms and conditions to be included in the contracts (inclusive of Start-up Agreements) and change orders.
• Understand applicable ICON costing tools, client budget grids, and any tools and templates developed within the Client Contract Services group. Ability to explain the costing process to someone without a financial background.
• Understand the operational department’s tasks and roles within the task as well as cost drivers within ICON.
• Solicit input and review of contracts and change orders from the relevant operational departments.
• Understand reasons and challenge supporting information provided by the project team related to budget changes (timeline, specifications, tasks, hours, etc.) and that the budget changes are reasonable and justified.
• Understand legal language contained in a MSA, Start-up Agreements, and standalone contracts.
• Develop cash neutral payment schedules as required.
• Recognize when client questions/comments need required input and review by Legal and/or operations/senior management.
• Liaise with their respective Contract Manager on any issues that need to be escalated within ICON or the client.
• Provide project/financial analysis on the project budget to justify supporting information from the project team on prior to client submission.
• Update Salesforce in a timely and consistent manner with concise, accurate information on status of the contract or change order.
• Develop and maintain client/project files and tracking tools.
• Manage and prioritize workload in relation to timelines and client submissions.
• Review client/project documents and budgets prior to submission to their respective Contract Manager for final QC review.
• Build relationships with ICON project teams, sales, proposals, finance, and project analysis.
• Build relationships with clients, other ICON service areas and vendors.
• Ensure clear and direct communication when corresponding (verbally or written) with the project team and client on the status of the contract and/or change order.
• Provide the relevant information required for negotiations and discussions with clients regarding cost proposals/change orders/contracts to the Contract Manager, the respective Sales personnel, and project teams.
• Organize, lead, chair, and manage internal meetings and/or client related meetings required related to contracts and change orders.
• Ability to communicate confidently with clients.
• As a member of staff, the employee is expected to embrace and contribute to our culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes adding value to our business and meeting client needs.
• Due to the nature of this position it may be required for the employee to travel. Therefore, dependent on the employee’s location, the employee may be required to possess a valid Drivers license.
• Travel (approximately 5% or less) domestic and/or international.
• To undertake other reasonably related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the quality of our people. That’s why we’ve made it a priority to build a culture that rewards high performance and nurtures talent.
We offer very competitive salary packages. And to keep them competitive, we regularly benchmark them against our competitors. Our annual bonuses reflect delivery of performance goals - both ours and yours.
We also provide a range of health-related benefits to employees and their families and offer competitive retirement plans - and related benefits such as life assurance - so you can save and plan with confidence for the years ahead.
But beyond the competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, you’ll benefit from an environment where you are encouraged to fulfil your sense of purpose and drive lasting change.
ICON is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.